Thursday, July 20, 2006

Weekly Journal Entry June 25 - July 1, 2006

OVERVIEW OF THE WEEK:

This week started out on my dad’s birthday. He would have been 68 years old this year. My dad died 7 years ago (in September). As I thought about my day on Sunday I am grateful for his life and that through him I was given life and through me Bethany & Jody was given life.
We still have not gotten the van fixed. We have bought the part, but we are waiting on the guy who is going to fix it. We are at the mercy of his time schedule. The car is doing fine for now. John and the girls made it to church on Wednesday with no problems. YEAH!
Through the summer John has Fridays off. He has been using this time to spend with the girls. This week they went and opened a savings account for the girls. The girls gather all their change together and their money that was at the house and took it to the bank. They were so excited. The bank gave them a savings register. Jody said see mom now I have a “budget thing” just like you (I had my checkbook out on the desk paying bills). (I’m trying to teach her early “HA HA”.) Bethany wants to save her money for Heelies, which are shoes that have wheels on them. They cost $60 and mom won’t spend that much on them. I was proud of her when she saw her total in her savings and said when she got $60 she wanted to wait until she had more before she spent the money for the Heelies. Since I told her she has to save her money and earn them, she has been asking for work she can do around the house (to earn money of course). Jody wants to save her money for a bike she saw at toys R us.
After dinner on Friday we went to the Mall of GA and Bethany went rock climbing at Dick’s Sporting Goods Store. The wall is 40 feet high and it took Bethany no time at all to get to the top. That is one of her favorite things to do. Jody got to ride the carousel. After we left the mall we went to McDonalds to get ice cream (it’s cheaper than buying it at the mall) and the girls played on the play set. We had a good family night.

Until Later,
Betty

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hi! I am visiting from the Shrinking Mom site.

I know what you mean about getting your van fixed: my air has been out for about six weeks (and I live in Mississippi! Can you say hot?) and my dad is a mechanic, but we are at his schedule's mercy as well. Luckily, I talked to him last night and he got the part we needed, so maybe it won't be too long.

I pray you have peace on your "journey" and that you get your vehicle fixed soon!

Melissa

Weight Loss Tracker