Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Missing in Action

I know it has been awhile since I have last posted. I have struggled with what to write about and how to put my thoughts together. I really have missed blogging and want to get back to it, at least that is my plan.

Life here is starting to calm down a little. It has been a hard adjustment to moving and working outside the home full time, but God has walked with us each step of the way and I have drawn closer to him through this part of my journey.

This past weekend we took a little vacation to Nashville, TN and had a wonderful time! It was a great time to get away and relax. It was something I really needed and was well over due.

As a child I don't ever remember a time I went on a family vacation with my parents. It just wasn't something we did or was encouraged. I do remember going to the county fair EVERY year, but that was as close to a vacation as we did. I always had the desire to go on a vacation and felt jealous of those families that did those type of things. As I grew up there were many things I said I would do differently as a mom and wife. Planning vacations and traveling with my family was one of those things and I have changed that in my family.

Because it took me longer than expected to find a full time job our budget has been very tight lately and things have been a struggle. However, things are getting better. Therefore, I was able to fulfill my hearts desire and planned this family vacation.

The details of the trip is still to come. Right now I am going to enjoy a special home cooked breakfast with my family.

Until Later,
~Betty~

No comments:

Weight Loss Tracker