Saturday, September 09, 2006

Game Plan/ Van Blessing

Tonight we are planning to go to the Braves vs. Cubs baseball game and eat at the Varisty resturant in downtown Atlanta. My huband is a big baseball fan and a Chicigo Cubs fan and it is rubbing off on our girls. We have been planning this all season. You don't find to many Cubs fans in the area we now live in. This is a big day at our house. I'm excited that we can do something as a family and make memories.

Last year when we went to a cubs game I remember Bethany asking her dad questions and getting into the game. It was neat to see one of John's favorite passtimes being taught to our daughter and seeing her take an interest in the sport too. Last year the game had 2 rain delays and Bethany was determined to stay to the end. At one point I think John was ready to go, but couldn't convince Bethany to leave. I laughed and told John that he created that in her, because he is the same way of being determined to see a project to the very end. He couldn't say much because he knew it was true.

In other news, we had a blessing this week. Our van finally got fixed. We were so exicited. Tuesday night my friend Instant Messaged me and said Butch, the mecanic who has been working on our van and who we have been waiting on, and her were coming over on Wednesday morning to fix the van. I was thinking GREAT - if that really happens and if he doesn't find anything else wrong. Well it did happen and the van is up and running. We drove it to church on Wednesday night and several places since then. It passed the emissions test and we got the tags for it. So it's even legal to drive now - lol!
I asked Butch if he thought the van was dependable enough to make a long trip to Ohio in November, our annual trip to visit family and old friends, and he said yes without any hesitation. I am so ready to go see family and friends. I am enjoying our current life and living in Gerogia, but I sure do miss family and our old church family in Ohio. I was very dissapointed that because of our van and car problems we were not able to make a trip this past summer. Therfore, I am so ready and am making plans to go in November. "It does the heart good to see loved ones!"

I am going to go and get ready for the game!
Until Later,
Betty

No comments:

Weight Loss Tracker