Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor Day at my house

We were not planning on having any kind of party or going anywhere for Labor Day. Our plans were just to hang out at home, relax, watch some football, get some filing done, and blog. "Oh how things change." God has blessed me with a group of friends from church who has kids around the same age as mine. There are about five families in our little group and we get together outside of church periodically. Sunday after church Bethany ended up going home to spend the night with one of our friends in our group and two of another families girls came home with Jody and the other families mixed kids also. As John & I were talking about making arrangements of picking up Bethany and having the other girls picked up, we decided to just invite all the families over to our house to drop off and pick up kids and have a cookout. We knew it was last minute and some might have had plans, but everyone except one family said they could come. Therefore we went out to get propane for our grill and meat for everyone. After we did the inviting and everyone agreed to come we then realized a part on our grill was broke and not usable. However, thank the Lord for good friends who will step in and cover your back when you need it. Our friends Lisa & Rodney brought their small grill and another friend Caryl went out and got the part we needed for the grill. I am so blessed with the friends we have in our lives. We all seemed to have a good time.

This was the second time I have had everyone over to our place. I used to get so nervous about having people over. Everything had to be just right, everything had to be so clean, food had to be just right, and ect. I used to get myself so worked up that once everyone came I couldn't enjoy myself because I was so worried about what everyone was thinking and how it would go. However, with this group I have not been so worried about it (to a point). I mean I did clean and wanted everything to look nice, but I did not stress out about it. I was able to enjoy myself with everyone else here. I guess I am growing. Recently I heard an interview with an author (don't remember what book they were promoting) but she said that you start to fell more comfortable having people over the more you do it. I guess I just need to force myself to to it more often. I guess it's the same way I feel about people reading my blog. I feel a little nervous about people I've never met before and don't know what they think reading by blog and sharing my heart with them, but I know I need to do this. I think the more I post and leave coments on others, the more comfortable I will feel. Besides this is fun and I am enjoying this! I am surprized how God is using blogging to grow me in other areas of my life.

Until Later,
Betty

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hey, I got your comment you left on my blog, Homefront Mom. Thanks so much for the encouragement. I love to have people at my house. There are days when it is not clean and I encourage folks to come and prop their feet up. We move so much being a military family, we have to make our friends our family at times.
have a great day! Amanda

Weight Loss Tracker