Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Challenging Day

Today has been a bit of a challenge. I received a phone call last night informing me that one of the children that is in my family daycare will no longer be coming because of the mom’s work schedule has changed (for now). Therefore, this means I will loose money that I already had budgeted for this month. I have been trying not to worry and trust that God will provide, but that is easier said than done. We are planning a trip to Ohio in November to see family and friends. This is our annual trip and we celebrate our family Christmas at this time. With loosing this child I’m worried that we will not be able to make our trip. I am concerned, but I’m trying to trust God and reminding Him how much I want to go to Ohio.

I am also considering finding a job outside the home. I was approached on Sunday about a possible job opportunity that seems like it would be perfect for me. I am going to send my resume around and see what happens. There are several reasons why I am considering finding another job. One of the big reasons is because right now I have other people’s children in my care for 11 ½ hours a day everyday and this is a lot of responsibility that ties me down to the house. This makes it very hard to get to church and different activities that involves the girls. After the children leave it does not give us much family time in the evenings. I am putting in a lot of hours and I’m not sure it is worth it and is benefiting my family right now. So please pray that God will give me wisdom of what he wants me to do and will provide the right opportunities for me.

Well nap time is just about over, so I will go for now and will keep updating.
Until Later,
Betty

4 comments:

Shari said...

that does sound rough.
but you're absolutely right, family comes first. if this daycare is taking you away from family time too much, then maybe it would be better to look at other opportunities.
i'll stop and pray for you right now, that things will work out well. (by the way, Ohio is AWESOME! LOL!)

Anonymous said...

Where have you been? I know life has been crazy here to. Hope you have a good week.
Amanda

Michelle said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope things work out for you money wise. I know how hard it is when you are counting on money that never shows up. I will definitely pray for you, and will continue to visit your site.

Barb said...

I know exactly what you mean, Betty. I had a daycare home years ago and my days were long and exhausting. I finally went to work outside my home. It paid better and left me more time for my family.

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment on Thursday. I've never met anyone yet who didn't love this chicken divan recipe. Your family might like it, especially the kids. It's a clever way to get broccoli into them!

Weight Loss Tracker