Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Busy Week!

BUSY WEEK!

I have gotten behind in blogging, but I have not left the Blog World LOL!! Thanks to Amanda from home front mom for missing me.

This past weekend and the starting of this week sure has been busy. Friday night my girls stayed over night with some friends, therefore John & I had some alone time and we went out with some friends. I love my kids, but it is so nice to have time away when I do not have to be responsible for any children. It was a well needed break.

Saturday we had some unexpected car repairs, which cost time & money I was not planning on spending. I made a previous commitment for an activity at church; therefore I did not make it to the grocery store on Saturday and had to go on Monday night. Now for most people that might not be a big deal, but considering I could not leave the house until after 7:00pm, the store was 20 min away, closed at 8:00pm, and if I did not go we would not have had enough food for the next day, therefore it did take up a good part of my evening. On Monday I was still playing catch up on my weekend cleaning and organizing the house.

I have also been working on making some changes to my day care. I am revising my policy hand book and trying to come up with different activities for the kids and rearranging (organizing) to better use the space I have. Plus I am trying to develop some new behavior systems with the girls. We are going to try a treasure box full of toys that they can get when I want to bribe, I mean reward good behavior :). I’m still trying to work out all the details of how it will work. Along with everything else going on I am trying to get my house cleaned and organized – thanks to Fly Lady and Laura at http://orgjunkie.blogspot.com.

This weekend I felt like God gave me this idea to start inviting some different couples over to our house for a fun and casual dinner. On Thursday we are having two couples coming over and are going to have chili, soup, and salad. I want to make this a weekly (maybe monthly) event and invite different people over that are not in my core group of friends @ church. I believe this is a way to reach out and get to know different people. Although having people over makes me nervous, I heard it say that the more you do it the more comfortable you get at it. God has laid this on my heart and I am going to be obedient, no matter how nervous I am.

It looks like we are going to be going car shopping, which also makes me nervous. I was hoping to keep our current car for another 6 months to a year, but I don’t think that is going to work. Please pray for us in this adventure. Pray that God will lead us to the right vehicle and the price will be right in our budget. I am trying to trust that He will go before us and work it all out.

I think that catches things up for now.

Until Later,
Betty

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,

Glad things are looking up. I did flylady once and it was awesome. Have plans of restarting. Actually you have motivated me to begin my monthly meal planning again, thanks. Have a great day! Love You Girl!!!
See you tonight

Laura said...

Hi Betty! I am so happy to be able to help/support you in any way I can. Let me know if you have any specific areas I can help you with. I love that you are inviting new couples over for dinner. That is a great idea! Laura

Paula said...

Betty,
Thank you for stopping by my blog and inviting me over to "your place."

I am a homeschooling mom with 4 children, so I can completely relate to the challenges of keeping the house organized and clean. My kiddos are a great help to me when it comes to chores!

I will be praying with you about your family's financial situation. I hope that you are able to work things out so that you will still be able to be at home.

Blessings,
Mrs. C

Weight Loss Tracker