Friday, October 20, 2006

Chili, Soup, & Salad Dinner

Last night we had our first Chili, Soup, & Salad Dinner. God has been laying hospitality on my heart lately. Therefore I invited 2 couple from our church over for a causal dinner to just enjoy each other. I was nervous about it and how it would go, but everything went great! I was thinking that we would do this weekly and as my nerves got to me, I thought well maybe we will try it monthly. Last night I made plans for next week. I already called 2 more couples. I fugured I better plan it now before I get to nervous and back out. I'm starting to realize a lot of benefits to this. I'm thankful for the opportunity to teach my girls about being kind and how to treat others and to live it in front of them and not just preach it to them. As we talked about it last night of who we might invite and why we are doing this, I reminded the girls that God tells us in His word that we are to do this and we must be obedient. I'm excited and looking forward to next Thursday. I believe this will also keep me accountable to keep the house up and to follow through with my organzational goals ( which Laura just gave me another goal - buying gifts ahead of time and storing them, who knew? lol:) ).

We have a busy weekend plan. I will tell about that in my weekend reflection. Also I have already started on my Monday Menu Plan. I'm slowly getting organized, just not all the way there lol :).

Untli Later,
Betty

1 comment:

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

You are being a great example to your kids - it's so important for our children to see us being hospitable. This is one area where I really struggle... I need to work on it. But I've learned that every time I step out and do it, things go just fine - always better than I thought they would!

Weight Loss Tracker