Sunday, October 22, 2006

Weekend Reflections

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS


As I reflect this weekend on this past week, we had several struggling times and saw how God came through and blessed us.
  • The biggest blessing and positive of this week was we were able to get a new vehicle, which we needed. Friday John was over an hour late coming home from work and I was worried. We have been having problems with the car he was driving and he forgot to take the cell phone with him that day. I just had a feeling he was on the side of the road on his way home and no way to contact anyone. That is what happened. We had already planned to look at vehicles this weekend and Saturday we found one that would fit our needs and our budget. We were suprised how smooth the process went and are very pleased. We have been praying all week about finding the right vehicle at the right price and it happened. I was having a rough Friday night, because I was worried about our vehicles and finances and I could not sleep. I keep praying & praying and telling the Lord everything I was thinking, feeling, and asking for His guidance & help. At 3:00am I finally got peace about the situation and was able to go to sleep. Because I went to sleep so late the day before a very busy day I did not think I would make it through. Amazingly, I did not notice the lost of sleep and God gave us His blessing. He is so awesome and shows us over & over again His Love.
  • Another positve thing that happened this week was a Friend called me on Friday and said they had 2 extra free tickets to the hockey game and invited John & I to go. It was a good time.
  • Another positve - Bethany is on the children's Bible quiz team at our church and they had a quiz meet this weekend. They have 20 Bible verses they have to have memorized by the February quiz and Bethany already said 19 on Saturday. I was so proud of her. The 20th verse she missed by one word and it is my favorite verse - Romans 8:28. She now can say it.

I have enjoyed participating in these weekend reflections. If you would like to read more you can visit Judi's site, mommy -to-two for more.

Until Later,

Betty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that your week turned out for the better! I have had weeks like that and I know how you felt. Thanks again for a fun weekend! I am so glad that God has put you and John in our lives!

Love you guys!

Weight Loss Tracker