Thursday, March 15, 2007

Thankful Thursday




This week I wanted to share what it is that I am thankful for about my house. We have talked about selling our house and moving closer to our church. Right now it is just talk, but I wanted to reflect on why I am thankful for the current home we have.



  • I am thankful that I have 2 bathrooms and I have a garden tub to enjoy hot bubble baths by myself

  • I am thankful that I have enough room for my girls to have a separate playroom than their bedroom

  • I am thankful for a fireplace

  • I am thankful for a dinning room and a breakfast area

  • I am thankful for a garage

  • I am thankful for a yard the kids can play in

  • I am thankful to be living in a subdivision away from traffic

  • I am very thankful that we have been able to afford this house and have made each payment on it.

I don't want to sound cocky about my house - there are certain things I don't like about it and I would change, but I'm emphasizing the positive and the things that I do like. For those who do not know me after 11 years of marriage this is the first home we have been able to buy. I just don't want anyone to think that I take this for granted or that this has just been handed to me with no work or worries, because that is not the case. We have had our struggles. I just don't want to turn people off and sound like I'm bragging, because that is not my intent. I am just trying to reflect on the blessing God has provided for us. I hope you understand my heart as I share this.


For more Thankful Thursday please visit Sting My Heart.

Until Later,

~Betty~

13 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you sweety, so glad you have a nice home. May God continue to bless your family.

Amy said...

I don't think you're being cocky at all, it's good to appreciate what we have :-)

Unknown said...

Being thankful for the things I like in our home keeps me here. The things I don't like make me more thankful for the ones I do...does that make sense???

Blessings to you today. My post is at Child of God

Lori said...

Betty I totally understand your post. Thank you for sharing this and reflecting on what is good.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I think it's wonderful that you're reflecting on what you love about your home. It's easy to get caught up in what's wrong with it or what we would rather have. It's much better to look at the positive than the negative.

Thank you for sharing. :)

Viamarie said...

Wow! Would love to have a garden tub too.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I don't think that your post is bragging at all. I loved it :)

It is wonderful to reflect on the positive things on our homes. Reflecting on the nice things about our earthly homes makes us appreciate the thing we do have...

Ah - a bathtub would be really nice :)

Thank you for sharing your thankfulness this week with us.

Blessings to you and yours...

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

How awesome that you are so thankful for this! What a beautiful way to reflect on God's goodness to you.

Deena Peterson said...

We're supposed to testify when God blesses us...and to direct our praise to Him...and you did just that!

Dedee said...

Gratitude makes life so much easier. I'm glad you have it in reference to your house. I need a bit more in reference to mine. Enjoy all the good because there will always be more than enough bad to compensate.

Faerylandmom said...

You sound much more like you are very aware of how much little things like fireplaces and an extra room for toys can make a difference, and you sound truly grateful -- not boastful in any way. :)

If you don't focus on the little blessings, it's far too easy to focus in on the little negatives.

Mine's up too. :)

Delete said...

Contentment with what we currently have is a blessing to be thankful for! Don't worry about what others think when your intentions are pure and your heart is true:)

Blessings-Jennifer

Melissa Sheldon said...

It is wonderful to be thankful with what we have. Your post was wonderful. I enjoyed reading it. I pray that God continues to bless your family.

Weight Loss Tracker