Friday, March 09, 2007

The Ultimate Blog Party



Welcome to my blog party hosted by 5 minutes for mom. I know I am coming in at the last minute of this, but I have not been in a “Partying” mood this week. However, I decided that I need to do this to make me feel better. Therefore welcome (if anyone is still around that is)!

At any party you have to have food so I wanted to start off with my favorite party/ snack recipe. It is Pico de Gallo and tortilla chips. Here is a picture & the recipe:



A can of petite diced tomatoes
A sweet onion
1 tablespoon of cilantro leaves (I use the dried spice compared to the fresh)
A bag of Tortilla chips
Dash of salt (optional)
Dash of sugar (optional)

Dice & finely chop the onion. In a medium bowl mix tomatoes, onion, cilantro, salt, & sugar together and serve with tortilla chips. You can eat it right away or chill it first. If you like things hot & spicy you could make it that wat. I don’t like things hot so I make mine mild.

Another food that I served at a party that was a hit was what we call Blog Meatballs. I originally got this recipe from Lara the Lazy Organizer. Sorry I don't have a picture. Here is the recipe:

Meatballs:
1 pound ground beef, extra lean
½ cup milk
½ cup saltine crackers
1 T onion, chopped
Dash salt and pepper

Sauce:
¼ cup apple cider vinegar (you could use any type of vinegar)
1 cup ketchup
¾ cup brown sugar
2 T onion, chopped
Dash salt and pepper

Mix first 5 ingredients. Make meatballs with 1 ½” ice cream scoop. Drop into baking dish. Mix last 5 ingredients. Pour over meatballs. Bake covered at 350 for 1 hour. Remove cover and bake for 30 minutes more or until sauce has started to caramelize.
When I served these at a dinner party they were delicious and all my guests loved them.

Other food that I love and would share with you is pizza and bread sticks. So help yourself to some:

















Along with food we have to have drinks. Here are my favorite drinks:

Sweet Tea & Mt. Dew





As we are eating let’s make our way around my blog and I will tell you a little about me then you can leave me a comment and tell me about you then I will come over to your party.

I started blogging last summer and I love it. I love listening (reading) about other people’s lives and to be able to share my thoughts and heart. In a group setting I tend to be quieter and just sit back and listen, blogging allows me to do that and also to be able to express myself on my own terms. I love to read other blogs and encourage people when I can and I love to get comments and be encouraged myself. Some of the blogs I read people share their heart in a humorous way, some in a serious way, and some in an informative way, and some in just everyday talk. I enjoy hearing how we moms are in this together whatever the circumstance and issues we may be dealing with currently. Some bloggers know how to tell a story and draw you in as if you were right there. Some bloggers know how to draw you in and touch you heart. Some bloggers give you ideas and teach you how to be better at organizing, cooking, crafts, planning, and just an overall a better person. Some bloggers are excellent writers and are trying to publish a book. I blog, not because of my writing skills (trust me), but because I love the connection with other moms around the world. It’s great to know that whatever our time schedule when we can fit blogging in we are there for each other.

My blog best benefits me by using it to keep me accountable and to set goals for my daily & everyday life. If you look at my sidebar you will see that I have joined Thankful Thursday, SMART Habit Saturdays, and Weekend Reflections. These are memes that enables me to use my blog time to become a better person. Just like the name of my blog says I’m on the journey to victory and I will get there one step at a time.

Thank you for stopping by. You are welcome to come back again and join me on this journey and we can encourage each other. Visit 5 Minutes for Mom for more parties.

Until Later,
~Betty~

17 comments:

My Trendy Tykes said...

Now my mouth is watering!!

SWEET TEA and MOUNTAIN DEW??? You are killing me over here! (love 'em both)

Linda

Deena Peterson said...

Pizza looks yummy, and I'm happy to stop by and say "Hi!"...hope we can lift your spirits a bit while we're here...

Jenny said...

oh dear! I'm going to have to come back when I have more time...I'm afraid I've kinda gotten off track from my cleaning schedule and I know if I stay any longer that I'll get sucked into your neat blog! lol!! I LOVE your lists in the sidebar...and that SMART thing looks neat...of course I noticed that you participate in Weekend Reflections too...yep...I'm going to have to come back later this evening! lol!!

Pfingston said...

I'm in for a Mt. Dew! And welcome to the party! I haven't had time or felt like much partying myself, but It's nice that you even made an apperance. I like your title! Love Vicotry!

Anonymous said...

Nice to have you at the party. I think, "Better late than never!" Even a little party is better than none. Stop by some time.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Hello; it's a pleasure to meet you at the party. You have a fine blog. I'm from Birmingham in England. I have a Star Trek Journal. Hope you'll visit me.

Monkey Giggles said...

Yummy Yumm...that's okay....

I am having my a party favor come or at monkey giggles. Come on over when ya get a chance. My place is always open.

CG said...

That salsa looks yummy..and easy!

Nise' said...

Yeah! Friday food! Trying to get in last minute partying.

Anonymous said...

Dropping by the party to say hi! Drop by my place when you get a chance, I am #883.
Happy Blogging!

Laura said...

Hi Betty! Oh my gosh, my mouth is totally watering now. All of it looks so good.

I too love the connection blogging gives me to other woman. I live in a very small town and sometimes it gets pretty lonely. Blogging has been a huge benefit in that way for sure.

Thanks for the great party :)
Laura

Unknown said...

Blogging has been a great outlet for me. I also enjoy visiting new blogs, such as yours. Many have been added to my Favorities List.

Glad that you have joined the party.

Lori said...

Oh the recipes look wonderful, I am so glad you are participating in Thankful Thursday, it is a wonderful thing.

Blessings.

Alida Sharp said...

wow, you sure know how to party! everything looks great!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are encouraged by the many comments. You are a very inspirational woman. Love your blog... it seems we have many things in common. I will be back regularly. Thanks for the party. I loooove Mt. Dew. I came here via the blog party hosted by 5 Minutes for Mom.

Brandie said...

Hello! So nice to stop by, and yes, I'm still around, despite the party "ending" a few days ago! LOL!
What a great blog you have here =)

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed the party! Looks like it was a blast! :) I'm so going to have to make those recipes!

Weight Loss Tracker