Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Weekend Reflections


I like to participate in Weekend Reflections hosted by my blogging friend Judi, however I don’t always get my post written and put on my blog. This is something I am working on and trying to record what is going on in our lives.

When I started this post I had every intention to publishing this on time. However, things that I had no control over prevented me from doing that. I want to record and share this story so I decided to still post it as a Weekend Reflection, even with it being late.

I want to start out by sharing about last weekend celebrating my 12th wedding anniversary with my husband. Let me say that we had the best weekend we could have asked for. For months I have been planning on doing something special for our anniversary this year and I wanted to surprise him. I had so much fun keeping the surprise from him and my friends got involved to really get John going and to make him think we were doing something we were not. One friend told him we were heading south to the beach and another friend told him we were heading north. John was so confused he didn’t know what to think.

It started Friday night and I told him our friends Tom & Michelle wanted to take us to this restaurant to “make up for blowing the surprise.” We were heading to downtown Atlanta and when we turn into the parking lot for the Braves vs. Cubs game (which John is a huge Cubs fan) he looked back at me and glared as if I did something wrong. Lol ! I had convinced him earlier that week that we could not get tickets, because I forgot they were in town when I made our weekend plans. Friends have made the comment of how manipulative I can be, but John has forgiven me lol! So for our anniversary John got to watch the cubs win for a change! The first pitch of the inning was a home run for the cubs! The game was so much fun, because we were not just sitting with braves fans, but baseball fans. It was neat to hear the guys take about the strength and weaknesses of both team, not just the positive about their favorite team and the negative about the opposing team. The braves fan that were sitting around us were having fun watching John rooting for the cubs too, knowing that the cubs struggle to win games. It was such a good time and surprising John was the best.

Saturday we went back to Atlanta and went shopping at The Container Store. I have read several blogs talk about this store so when I learned there was one in Atlanta I wanted to check it out and we did. John was even starting to get excited about organization :)! We then went to the hotel and had the whole swimming pool and hot tub to ourselves. I guess most people don’t use the pool in the middle of the afternoon. We ended our evening by going to a comedy club to see Jon Reep. Because of John’s sense of humor and that he likes to laugh, he really enjoyed this. It was our first time to ever go somewhere like that. It was good. I was worried a little bit of what the jokes may be like and if it would stay clean or not. There were some things that I did not approve of, but overall it was good.

Sunday we had a Caravan, a Christian scouting program at our church, celebration for our girls. We enjoyed our girls and then later that night we went to Stone Mountain Park to watch the Laser show.

It was an awesome weekend, I could not have asked for anything better!

This past week Bethany, my 9 year old, went to church camp. She had a great time. I remember as a kid I loved to go to church camp. I’m glad Bethany is enjoying it as much as I did.

The other big thing about the week was that John was off work and we fought all week. It is amazing that we went from having the best weekend ever to having one of the worst weeks of fighting we have ever had. We went from the highest of high to the lowest of the low. The good news is that we were able to work things out and were able to resolves some issues. I have to be honest; I was worried there for awhile. It didn’t look like we were going to resolve some things, but we did! Praise the Lord!
You can visit Judi at Mommy of Two for more weekend reflections.

Until Later,
~Betty~

6 comments:

Monica Wilkinson said...

Hi Betty! I found your link through Joy and just wanted to let you know I'm hosting a Blog-Style Baby Shower for her and her boys. Stop by my blog if you're interested in participating!
Have a great day!
Monica

Cheri said...

Betty
My husband just had four days off work. Sometimes, time off together is just a bit much, isn't it? I was almost relieved when he went bac to work this morning!

Dedee said...

I find it intereseting that after the best times, the worst can happen. I've almost come to expect it. I don't try to be nasty and neither does my dh, but it just seems that sometimes the let down is too great. Glad you had a great weekend. I'd have loved to have been at the cubs game with you!

Lyndy said...

Glad you had a nice weekend. So glad to hear you resolved things with your hubby. I know it is easy to get on each others nerves when you are not used to being with each other day in and day out.

Hugs, Lyndy

Laura said...

Oh I'm so jealous of you getting to go to The Container Store!!! How fun and totally my idea of the perfect date :)

Laura

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

I love surprises...sounds like a fun time!
Blessings,
Joy

Weight Loss Tracker