Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thankful Thursday


It’s Thursday again, which means it’s time to talk about something I am thankful for.

This week I am thankful for my husband. As I posted here John and I were fighting all last week, but we did resolve our issues. This week I was reminded of some good things about my husband.

This week I chose to work on reading to my children as a SMART Habit Saturday goal. You can visit Lara here to learn more about that. At dinner one night I was talking to John about this and explaining to girls my thoughts and plans about this. John knowing my desire took the lead by taking my thought one step further and said after dinner there would be no more television tonight and we were going to the library and spend the rest of the evening reading. As a family we started reading the Laura Ingalls Wilder books. I can not begin to express how much this just thrilled me. John and I disagree on the amount of time we allow the TV to be on in our house, therefore I was so excited when he decided to do this. It made me feel very thankful for him.

Also I was reminded this week that with all the faults and weaknesses that John has that irritated me so much last week, I am glad John is in my life.
I am thankful:

  • For who John is and how God uses him
  • For when it comes to the big things in life John is a good husband
  • He cares about me & our girls
  • He loves God
  • Someone that I can trust
  • Someone that I can talk to
  • Someone that I respect
  • He knows right from wrong
  • He lives a life with convictions


This week our neighbor had a bad situation happen to her and we went over to help out and got in the middle of a mess. I know God had to be guiding us and protecting us, because I did not think about what could be happening or what could have happen to us. We just reacted to a desperate cry for help from a 10 year girl, who was claiming that someone was beating up her mom. We went over and as John broke up the fight, the guy punched John in the mouth and took off running. The police and the paramedics came and took care of things.
I am thankful

  • That we were able to help
  • That things were not any worse than they were
  • Wonderful neighbors that also came to help when it was needed
  • The neighborhood that we live in
  • For John’s attitude about the whole thing
  • Policemen that protect us from violent people
  • Wisdom from God that tells us when we can and should help and when we need to let someone else help


Overall this week I am thankful for the life that I live, for my husband, and for my supportive friends.

You can visit Iris at Sting my Heart to see more Thankful Thursdays.

Until Later,
~Betty~

7 comments:

Cherie said...

Your honesty and humbleness is so good to read.
Bless you!

wyndesnow said...

Thank you for your honesty and for sharing. You and your husband were a blessing to the mother and child.

Denise said...

Thank you for your honest, sweet heart. Blessings to you always.

Cheri said...

I'm so glad things are more peaceful at home! Yes, I said peaceful, even with the turmoil. Isn't it amazing how God seemed to use that incident next door to sure your relationship with John has His blessing!

Alycia said...

Thank you for sharing your TT post with us this week. Your honesty has touched my heart and we all struggle with things like this as times. Blessings to you this week!

Sharon said...

Thank you for your sweet and honest post. May God bless you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Weight Loss Tracker