Thursday, July 05, 2007

New Chapter

I know it has been awhile since I have posted, but there has been a lot going on here and have not much time to get my thoughts together to be understood. This week I have started a new chapter in my life. I am no longer doing child care in my home. I am working at a local college bookstore right now. I have mixed feelings about this and am not sure if it will work out or not. It all happened faster than what I expected, but felt like God was opening the door, therefore I walked through it for now. This job is temporary with a good chance it may lead into something more permanent. I am still looking for another job and would like to work in the Social Work field. I am also struggling with not staying home with my girls, I didn't think that would bother me as much as it is. I know to meet our need financially I have to have something that pays more. Right now I feel like I am on a roller coaster and I can't see the track in front of me to know which way we are going next. I know God is in control, but for someone who likes details it is REALLY hard to trust Him, not impossible just HARD! I know God is working in my life and will get me through this period in our lives, but I sure don't know what he is doing and don't see His plan at all. I feel like I am getting a deaf ear when I pray. I have been a Christian long enough to know not to trust my feelings, but I'm just expressing them here. I am learning to trust the Lord through this and am trying to enjoy my life as I am on this ride. I am praying for God's will and for Him to be glorified.

Now with working outside the home I'm not sure how often I will be posting. We have family coming into town next week so I don't think I will have time to blog. Hopefully I will catch up in a couple of weeks.

Until Later,
~Betty~

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sit Back, Buckle your safety belt and enjoy the ride. You will be stronger when all is said and done. Just hang on and trust.
Have a good weekend.
C-ya Later
Alice

Cheri said...

Oh - I've missed you. Now I've got to miss you even more - WHAT??

But it's okay, I understand. Boy, do I understand!

Just pop in every once in a while and let me know how you are - okay? Because if not, I'll be filling your email box letting you know I'm wondering!

Anonymous said...

Betty,
You are not alone in your feelings. We have all been there. I feel like I am forever in that place of having a hard time trusting God. I think that is what builds faith. You should really look into the Bible Study of Faith by Kenneth Hagin. It helped me tremendously. :)

Lyndy said...

Glad to see a post, as I was just getting ready to email you and see how you were.

Oh Betty, I know what you mean when you say “I feel like I am getting a deaf ear when I pray.”

As you know, I have been on a journey for many months now. Some days I think I am learning and the next day I seem to fall back. One thing I know for sure, God is big enough and strong enough to handle our doubt and frustration.

Praying for you sweet friend and you deal with adjusting to your new routines.

~Lyndy~

Melissa said...

Betty,

I love roller coasters at amusement parks, but not in "real" life. Just keep asking Him...He'll give you peace, and hopefully an answer.

Blessings, sweet friend.

Amanda said...

I understand what you are saying. Everything that you are feeling, I am too. I am working so much and miss the kids terribly.
God has me waiting on Him, and I have got to turn EVERYTHING over to Him.
I will pray for you. Try to enjoy your time away from home.
Amanda

Dedee said...

Betty, good luck with all your changes. There must be a reason God is trying you at this time, so look for the good in it all. Have a happy summer!

Weight Loss Tracker