Sunday, February 03, 2008

New Start

I know it has been awhile since I last posted and since then a lot of things have changed in my life and it has been stressful. Here is an update and plans for my future blogging.

Last year in 2007 was a very tough year for me and my family and I am looking forward to a better year in 2008. Looking back through my difficult moments in 2007 I remember times of failures, dissappointments, and frustrations. I went through a time of being mad at God and not understanding why He was allowing certain things to happen in my life and not answering my prayers the way I wanted and thought they needed to be answered. I went through a time when I didn't have any control over certain things in my life. I went through a time of heartbreak and the tears sure did flow a lot. I went through a time of not seeing God working in my life and not knowing where He was leading and not sure I wanted to follow any more. I went through a time of being angry with God and feeling like He left me. Boy am I glad 2007 is over. However through all the tough times in 2007 I did learn and seen God's love for me. Now looking back I can see how God used those hard times to show me His love and how He protected my marriage and has made my family stronger. As I reflect back on last year I am learning from my mistakes and how to make 2008 a better year for our family. Through our circumstances the words that I felt God telling my heart is "restore and rebuild". Therefore 2008 will be a restoring and rebuilding year for me. I'm still allowing God to lead me "On The Journey To Victory!"

There are areas in my life that I am going to work on in 2008 and step it up a noch. Those areas are weight loss, parenting, and my career. I am going to use this blog to record my journey in these areas of my life in 2008. My plan is to post sometime during the weekend about my week in review, then to weigh in and record my weight loss or gain on Fridays (Fitness Fridays). I am planning to post more often than what I have been doing. I'm still learning how to balance my pleasure of blogging and my life responsiblilities. I believe I can use my enjoyment of blogging to obtain my goals that I want to accomplish.

So I am back to posting and using my blog again. So come and join me on this journey and I will keep you posted on what God is doing in my life.

Until Later,
~Betty~

4 comments:

Cheri said...

You were on my mind this week!

I'm so happy you're back. Know what else makes me happy? That each and every day can be a new day with new beginnings in God's eyes!

C

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I found your blog. 2007 wasn't that great for me, but I'm sure not like what you went through, but I've determined to make 2008 a better year. I see God as the God of second chances, so every day can be a fresh start.

Unknown said...

Betty, I am so glad you are back. I was wondering what had happened to you then all of a sudden here you are! Can't wait to read more. You have been in by prayers. Tell John and the girls hello! Shep

Judi said...

i was just thinking of you. glad you are back. i have missed you! and missed your visits to my place!

p.s. check out doodlebugwebdesigns.com for an awesome give away.

Weight Loss Tracker