Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Do Not Be Anxious about Anything

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let you requests be made known to God.

This verse was convicting the other day as I was doing my daily prayer & devotion time. There have been several issues that I have been concerned about. As I have been thinking about them I feel God reminding me to trust Him. I have also realized my “concern” has turned into worry. I have found myself a lot lately saying “Lord, I don’t know what else to do.” You see, school starts in 2 days and it will be my responsibility to take Jody and one of my day care kids to Pre-K, and his dad will pick the kids up and bring them back to my house. However, the problem is my van is still not fixed. We have been dealing with this all summer and making due with just 1 vehicle. We have made it work, but now we need the van working. The other problem is we have already spent a lot of money trying to fix this and the things Butch, our mechanic, has done is not working and I am out of money to spend. He is coming over again to see if something else will work, but not sure when he will be able to do that, because he is busy and has other jobs too – which I totally understand. I just don’t know what to do because if we take it in to a shop it will cost more money than we have.

I am trying to calm my spirit and trusting that God knows all this and will work it all out. His word does promise He will provide our needs. I guess this is the time that God expands my trust in Him.

Until Later,
Betty

No comments:

Weight Loss Tracker