Monday, August 14, 2006

First Day of School & catch up

Today is first day of school. Bethany went off to 3rd grade and Jody went to Pre K (she started on Thursday). I am full of mixed emotions. I'm proud of my girls and am glad they are growing up and enjoying school. I am also enjoying some freedom from them, but I'm also faced with the fact that they are growing and now it time to make sure they learn about God and values. I don't want to miss the boat on teaching my children the right way to live.

We have been making changes around the house this summer and trying to get more organized. So far it is going good. I still have a lot to do.

Three days into having to get up early and I'm still being able to do my morning pray time and Bible reading.

I took Friday off from day care and got things done around the house. I was kidless. Jody was at school and Bethany was at Caryl's which gave me a complete day off. I was able to take Jody to school today and on the way home I started thinking how for the teachers it their job to be there, but that's my baby they are taking care of, so I did start to cry. Later, I went up to John's work and suprised him with lunch. It was a good time and I did get a lot done.

We had our van towed to the dealership on Saturday and should hear today what's wrong with it and how much it will cost. I'm concerned about how much it will cost us. A friend of mine encouraged me to not put God in a box and really trust Him to come through. I have been praying and asking that it will cost under a certain amout of money. If God does not answer that prayer He will have to provide the money another way. I'm waiting to see what happens.

On Saturday we took a vacation day and went downtown Atlanta. It was just our family and we had a good time. We rode the Marta, went to some shops, centerial park and saw a water show - which was cool. We did alot of walking and the weather was not too hot - which was a blessing considering how hot it has been.

Well that should catch up on things. I'm still trying to organize my blog time and trying to figure out what to write and how to use this.

Until Later,
Betty

No comments:

Weight Loss Tracker