Friday, September 01, 2006

New Commitment to Blogging

Reading other blogs has been so much fun and encouraging! I love hearing about other people’s lives and how I can so relate to so many. I have learned new ideas about housekeeping, gardening, menus, organization, motherhood, …., and most importantly that I’m not alone, even when it feels like I am. Women have shared personal situations that I thought only I go through, because no one else I know shares those kinds of details in everyday life. I love this blog world.

However, I have had the hardest time keeping up with my blog. I have posted a few entries, but not on a regular basis. I have been challenged to follow through with my blog and make a commitment to it and not to make excuses of why I can’t enter posts.

As I am making this commitment to post at least 4 times a week, I want to share my thoughts of why I have hesitated and my insights on the struggle.
1. Time -
2. Not feeling good enough – like I said I have read so many and have been so encouraged, that I wonder what I would have to offer that’s not already being offered.
3. Not knowing what to say and how to say something creatively

As I have been thinking about these things here are my insights:
1. Time - I just have to make the commitment to do it and make the time, not just find it. I’m determined I’m going to do it.

2. Not Good Enough - God created me to be Betty, not someone else. We all have special gifts and talents. We are all different. God will use each of us (if we allow Him) in our own little world. Which means people may read my blog that are not reading the ones that I am and getting the same kind of encouragement. If people are reading the same blogs that I am it is only more encouragement to say we are not all in this alone. And besides this is a place that I can record my walk with the Lord and to share my life with whomever wants to read it. It is okay if someone doesn’t want to read it or comment on it. It will not change who I am or who I am becoming.

3. Not knowing what to say and how to say it creatively – I thought about my close friends I talk to on the phone and share my life and thoughts with. I don’t worry so much about saying something perfect or just right; I just share myself and my heart. That is how I am going to look at this blog world. I am hoping to meet some blog friends that will understand that I’m not perfect, will overlook some of my grammar and spelling mistakes and see my heart. I hope to be an encouragement as so many have encouraged my life.

So here is my post as my new commitment to the blog world. Please let me know if you are out there and reading this.

Until Later,
Betty

5 comments:

Laura said...

Well hello Betty! I'm so happy you came out of lurkedom..yeah! I want to thank you for your kind words. I've bookmarked your site and can't wait to read more. God bless!

Susan said...

Hi, Betty! I came here through your comment at org junkie's, and I just wanted to encourage you to just blog to your heart's content! Don't worry about how you say it or what you do or don't have to say . . . just write what's on your heart or going on in your day. You'll be hooked! I'm looking forward to seeing more of you!

Tammy said...

Hi Betty, thanks for stopping by my blog.

I am so new to this that I don't feel that I have the best perspective on how to keep up and post regularly. I am still trying to figure out how I will do it! So I totally understand how you are feeling. I am going to do the best I can and just share what leads from my heart and share how God is working in my life.

I learned a few years ago to not put God in a box and I have found that He will provides in ways you may never have imagined. It has helped me so much to let go of the things that God will take care of. I don't always do that at first, but eventually I take the back seat and let God do the driving. That's when things seem to move on forward to where they need to be.

Sit back and enjoy the ride, Betty, let God take the wheel!

Tammy

boomama said...

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Just be you.

And thus concludes my sage piece-o-wisdom for the day. :-)

Shari said...

absolutely!! :):):)

i always think of this blogging as visiting other girls around the neighborhood. i stop in, share some pictures, chat a little. it's fun, and i really do get inspired.

btw, it's nice to meet you. lol.

Weight Loss Tracker