Saturday, November 25, 2006

3:00 am Wake Up Call

When planning to leave home at 5:00am for a ten hour road trip, I try to get to bed early and get a good night sleep. Just like any good plan, I was behind schedule and did not get to bed as early as I wanted. However that should be okay since my husband would be driving most of the trip and I could be sleeping in the van. John went to bed before I did and all was well. Then 3:00am came. We noticed Jody, my 5 yr old, was in bed with us and just as John was about to tell her to go back to her own bed, she looked right at John and threw up all over our bed. So at 3 am John is doing laundry and I am scrubbing the floor where my daughter left a trail to the bathroom. (I tried to clean all the spots, but it was 3 am, therefore, not sure what it will look like when I get back home.)

We then went and slept in the living room and tried to get another hour of sleep in before we left for our trip. At this point I was not sure how the travel would go and how sick Jody really was. Well Jody slept until we left and then in the van (we let the girls travel in their pj's). She was not running a fever or did not have any more stomach problems the whole trip. We did not have another problem with her. lol :).

John & I just laugh at the situation and know it just goes to prove that Jody does have a mind of her own and will let everyone know. We keep saying Jody just did not want to go back to her room and was going to tell John before he could tell her differently. Boy, do we have our hands full. We just continue to laugh on this journey of being parents.

We ended up leaving the house 30 mins later than what we wanted, but still got to my mother - in - law's in time to watch the big game between OH & MI (GO BUCKS)!

We had a good week and I will post more about our vacation as the week goes on. We will be back home tomorrow.

Until Later,
Betty

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Welcome home! I missed you!

Weight Loss Tracker