Saturday, November 25, 2006

Weekend Reflections



We have had a good week visiting family and old friends. It was good to be back at our old church and visit with our friends. Here are the postive things that happened on our trip.

We had a safe trip to Ohio and no vehicle problems. We also made great time traveling and was able to watch the Ohio State game.

We were able to go out to eat with our Pastor and his wife, Kim. Pastor & I are big pizza fans, Kim is not and especially not for Sunday dinner. One time when we were still living in Lima a group of us were going to go to Pizza Hut after morning service. I invited Kim and she declined, because they had pizza over the weekend and Pizza Hut was not her idea of Sunday Dinner. After Kim declined Pastor walks by, not knowing Kim declined the offer, and asks were we are going and I replied Pizza Hut. Well, they ended up at Pizza Hut that day for Sunday Dinner and it has been an standing joke between Kim & I ever since. Now anytime we are in town we try to meet with Pastor and Kim and have dinner at Pizza Hut. Once again, because of schedules, we did it for Sunday dinner :).

I was able to visit with my best friend Pat. We have such a special relationship. We are not the same age. Our children are not the same ages. Our family lives and situations are not similar. Our marriages are not the same. However, we both are Christians and our heart's desire is to serve the Lord and to have all that He has for us. Therefore, our spirits connect and we can talk to each other just about anything - and we do! Pat is one person in my life that I can take my guard down and make myself very vulernable and let her know what is really going on in my heart. She does the same thing with me. When we were visiting together our husbands were joking with each other about when we get on the phone together they know their time with us in the evening is over and they lovingly say "good night see, you in the morning". :) What a blessing they are to be so patient with us. We sure do appericate it and my life is blessed by it.

It was so good to spend time with my sister-in-law, my brother-in-law, and my neices. We all had lunch together and then the ladies went out shopping. We also enjoyed playing cards together, which we don't do very often.

On Thanksgiving Day we all got together and had a good meal and a good time together :). There was very little frustrations with each other, which is always a good thing. For the most part everyone acted like adults and enjoyed themselves. Even the kids did not get into any arguments. Now that I think about it - Am I sure I was with the right family? lol :). It was a good day!

On Friday we did do a little shopping and was able to go eat at Texas Roadhouse, where John's brother, Josh is a manager. We had a good time visiting with him too. We were able to see Josh every day while we were at John's mom and it was good. My girls enjoyed spending time with him too.

It was good just to spend time at John's mom's house and be with her with no time pressures. The girls enjoyed being with grandma and asking her all kinds of questions. It was very comfortable and relaxing.

We had time to just relax and be causual. It was very nice. I also had time to reflect on how John & I have changed over the past 2 1/2 years while living in GA. There has been some hard times and hurtful moments, but I can see how God has used those times to help us grow in our walk with Him and for that I am grateful. I can see areas in my life that I am stronger now than I was 2 years ago. I am very thankful for my life, my family, and my relationship with Jesus Christ. He is my stronghold in life and am in love with Him!

If you would like to post a weekend reflection or to visit more go over and visit Judi, who I am also very thankful for. She is GREAT!

Until Later,
Betty

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a great trip. It sounds like it was just what you needed! I am glad you are back! I missed our "chats". :)

Jenn said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You're home!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely time you had ... no wonder you reflected on it so well. Thanks for sharing. God Bless

Weight Loss Tracker