Thursday, November 02, 2006

Blog devotional Psalm 139

I have been thinking and praying about my blog, the purpose of it, the purpose for me, and my time visiting other blogs. I have decided that I want to use this to share & record more of my spiritual journey and how God is working in my life. I still plan to share my everyday life, but I want to share more details of what God is personally doing in me and journaling about that more. I want to share more scriptures, devotions, and prayer time. I want to share my journey to victory.
I have been emailing Judi from mommy to two about doing devotions and bible study & blogging and God is working on something. I will give me info as it is worked out. I have also emailed Bev at Blessed Beyond Measure about using a prayer time on my blog - coping her idea when she prays for different bloggers needs and praises. So as I make some changes I hope you will join me and feel blessed & encouraged.


God has been convicting me lately on being too relaxed on my Bible reading and devotions, which is one reason I want to make some changes with my blog. I want to use my blog time for prayer & devotion so that I can still enjoy my blog time, but also still spend time with God and being obedient to Him. Therefore, this morning I started reading some scripture and I want to share my thoughts on them and how God spoke to me.

My scripture reading today was Psalm 139
vs. 1 O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.
What a security to know that the Lord knows me. I love it when my husband or friends make comments about how well they know me about cerain issues and they are right on track with the comment. However whenever I am misunderstood by people I respond by saying they just don't really know me like they think they do. That is not the case with God. He does know me.

vs. 3 says you are familiar with all my ways.
Wow!
In order for someone to be familar with someone's ways that means you have to spend time getting to know that person. How great it is that God wants to spend time and get to know me.

vs. 7 says Where can I go from you Spirit?
vs. 9b & 10 if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
How encouraging to know that I can not loose God's spirit. He will always guide me and hold me. You know I have days when it seems like things don't go right and I just want to know what to do and just to be loved and held. How wonderful it is that God is right there in those day ready to hold me fast.

vs. 11 & 12 says If I say,"surely the darkness will hid me and the light become night around me even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day for darkness is as light to you.
I can't hide from God. Those days when I just want to be at home and crash and keep the world out He is still there with me.
As a child when they loose something it is hard to find it in the dark. When we loose our way or when we find ourselves in the dark God will make the night shine like the day. What an awesome God we serve.

My prayer for today is vs 32 - 24.
Search me, O God, and know my heart; Test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me and lead me in the way everlasting.

I really do want to be all the Lord wants me to be. I need Him today. I want my heart to be right with Him.

What is your prayer for today? What scriptures are you currently reading? How is God working in your life?

Until Later,
Betty

No comments:

Weight Loss Tracker