Friday, December 01, 2006

Blessed & Being a Blessing

Several months ago we were having a lot of car problems and had some unexpected expenses that came up. A good friend of ours was working on our car and bought the parts that he needed to fix it. The agreement was when everything was said and done they would give us a final cost and we would make it right. At the time our finances were so tight and other unexpected expenses came up that I just couldn’t squeeze out the money in our budget for the car repairs. I shared our circumstances with our friends and let them in on what was going on. This is a couple who understands what it like is to live life and are were we are too. At this particular time God was blessing them financially and their response to me was right now we don’t need the money so pay it back when you can afford it. As I was praying about this and confiding with my friend, I prayed that when we were able to pay this back it would be at a time when this couple would need the money and it would be a blessing to them as they were blessing us. God answered that prayer this week. This couple graciously offered to fix the brakes on our van while we were gone on vacation last week. When we got back I was able to give them a check for the cost of the brakes and what we owed them from several months back. I found out it was a time for them that they needed the extra money to cover certain expenses and at this time we had the money to pay them.

God is so good how He just works those things out. I love knowing we can trust Him to take care of things we don’t know are going on. Of course I say this after the fact. It’s not so easy trusting Him before we see what He is doing. I am still learning on this journey and it does strengthen my faith to see God working. I am feeling blessed and loved today.

Until Later,
~Betty~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post! I have experienced God's blessings just like the ones you've written about. It always warms my heart to read of His blessings! Thanks for sharing!

Jen said...

You are very blessed.....thanks for sharing this with us....have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Betty. God is good. It is wonderful how He always makes everything right.

Mississippi Girl said...

What a wonderful post! It is so great to read testimonies of God's faithfulness.
Jennifer R.

Amanda said...

Isn't it great to have a testimony that includes real live examples of Go'd faithfulness and love. You are so strong. I find that you tend to write about things that make me think about my life. That is a good thing! Have a great week!
Amanda

Weight Loss Tracker