Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I QUIT!

I QUIT! I quit! I no longer want to be a mother.

Where do I turn in my resignation?

Why is the Lord not listening to me?

What do you mean this job last forever?

Was that apart of my agreement?

What do you mean a mother’s love never changes? Are you sure?

Why do I have to be so mean?

Why do the attitudes start so early anymore? I wasn’t expecting them until the teen years.

Why do other parents seem to have it all together?

Why do other people’s children seem to listen to their mom?

Why do other moms seem to have this great love for their children that I seem to be missing right now?

What do you mean I should not be comparing myself to others?

Why do I seem to be lacking patience right now?

Why are my children annoying me so much right now?

Is this a phase? Will it pass soon?

Is this a test? Am I failing at it? (I sure do feel like I am).

Are my girls learning God’s ways?

Are they learning respect and just not showing it to me?

Do they know they are loved?

Do they know that love is a choice and not a feeling? Do I know that and am I displaying that?

Are they learning that family can be the greatest blessing we could ask for?

Do they know that this home is a haven from the world?

Do they know that love is not conditional? (Which I did not experience as a child).

Do they know that God has a purpose and a plan for their lives?

Do they know that having a relationship with Jesus Christ is the most important decision they could make?

Do they know that having Jesus in their lives will get them through anything this world throws at them? It will even get you through the feelings of not being a good mother and the fears that you are making the same mistakes that your own mother made.

Do they know that God’s love is comforting at times when this mother feels like giving up?

Do they know that God will give me the strength when I feel like I can’t go on?

Do they know that I trust in Him and am relying on Him to get me through this?

Do they know that mommies don’t have to be perfect to be a good mom?

If I resign who will teach my children these lessons?

Okay! Okay! Okay!

I guess I’m back on the job! I think I will just ask for some time off and then be ready to go again.


Until Later,
~Betty~

No comments:

Weight Loss Tracker