Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Prayer Request

I'm not sure what to blog about today. I think my life has become boring, well maybe it has always been boring I'm just realizing it. lol I am still working on my organizational & weight loss goals. I am still working on a test blog to see about making some changes to this blog. I want to use this blog to list my goals and to keep me accountable to accomplish these goals. I thought I would have it ready for today, but because of other time commitments that came up the blog is not ready. However, it is coming. I know you all just can't wait to see it. lol.

As I have been talking to others my heart breaks with some of their situations that is happening. I want to share one situation and ask for your prayers for this family. A friend of mine, Lisa, is going through some tough times and I feel so helpless. She was admitted to the hospital last night after being at the ER on Saturday night with kidney stones. She is in so much pain and they can't seem to control it with medicine so she is having surgey this afternoon (as I type). They have 3 children whom she homeschools from the ages 7 - 13 years old. She will be in the hospital for the next several days. A mutual friend of ours, Alice, is taking care of her girls right now and will take them to the hospital later to visit her. Another mutual friend has been at the hospital the whole day to support her and her husband. Because of my child care business and my schedule I don't feel like there is much I can do to help. I have been praying for this family and want them to feel loved and supported and I'm glad to see people who are able to step up and be there are doing it.

Please be praying for this family. They have a lot of issues going on in their lives (that I won't be blogging about here). I sure would appericate your prayers.

Until Later,
Betty

3 comments:

Cheri said...

The best - and first - thing to do for Lisa and her family is pray for them, and for God to lead you as you search for ways to support them!

And never think your blog or your life is boring. I look forward to reading your posts - they are uplifting, and so much like my life (except maybe that uplifting part!)

I started blogging as a way to share news with our families so far away. Now, it's turned into something so much more for me. It's a place to organize my own thoughts and to share God's leading in my life - something I find hard to do one on one, especially with my extended family.

Have a great day (and good night from me!)

Anonymous said...

I will be praying.

I don't think your life is boring! You are just in the middle of it so maybe it seems like it to you. I can't wait to see the new blog.

Betty's Loosing Race said...

Thanks ladies! I needed that right now more than you know. Actually I didn't realize how much until I read them.

~Betty~

Weight Loss Tracker