Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thankful

I'm thankful for my husband. Tonight I just needed to unload somethings that were bothering me and he so patiently listened to me. I know he could not relate to most of my feelings and did not really understand, but he did listen to me. I know most men want to fix the problem, not just to listen, which is what we women want most of the time. After 11 years of marriage my husband is learning and has many moments when he will just listen to me. (Then he trys to fix the problem lol :) ). I am thankful that he TRYS to understand me and he PRETENDS to understand me even when he doesn't have a clue. We do have those moments when I want to say "I JUST WANTED YOU TO LISTEN TO ME," but tonight was not one of those times. He just listened to me!

After fighting with my kids all afternoon and feeling like a failure, I can go to bed being thankful for the husband that I have.

More importantly than my husband, I'm thankful for a heavenly father who offers unconditional love to this imperfect mother, women, and friend who is just "on the journey to victory!"

Until Later,
~Betty~

1 comment:

Jenn said...

OMG! Can you teach Jim that? I love him, but sometimes I wish he would do that. Kudos to John! He's so sweet!

Weight Loss Tracker