Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Upward Sports

My children are not in a lot of activities such as sports, dance, music lessons, and ect. We basically have them involved in church activities - Caravan(Christian Scouting), Bible Quizzing, and Praise team - stick ministry & puppets. My reasons for not doing the other activities are not because I have anything against them, I just choose those things that will enhance the values I am trying to teach my children and those things that fit into my budget. This is one reason why I am so thankful that our church (and many others) have chosen to do Upward Sports. Last year was our first year participating in any Upward Sprots and we are doing it again this year. Upward Cheerleading & Basketball have started at our church this week.

Last year Bethany did cheerleading, but this year she is playing basketball. She has had her 1st practice and has her 1st game on Saturday. She seems to like her coach and is excited to play.

Jody has signed up for cheerleading and looks so cute in her uniform. I'm not sure how well she will know the cheers, but she has the cuteness down.

I am the adult coach for Jody's cheerleading squad. There are 3 other teens that will teach the girls the cheers and I will handle the devotions, dealing with the parents, behavior of the cheerleaders, and the administration stuff of the squad. I'm looking forward to it - a little nervous, but expecting it all to go well and to have fun with it.

John is doing the announcing and running the sound for all the games. He will have a blast with it.

This all means that our Saturday's from now until March will be full & busy. However, I am at peace about giving up my Monday's and Saturday's for practices and games and am looking forward to this Upward season.

Untill Later,
~Betty~

2 comments:

Cheri said...

The Boy isn't into organized sports either. He does take weekly horseback riding lessons right now, which he really enjoys. And even though he loves to swim, he's not at all interested in more advanced lessons or swim team.

Amazingly enough, he's develped into a good runner - enough to be noticed by his PE teacher. So, we got him quality running shoes and a good sports watch for Christmas, and he can actually spend time with Dad running (I'll have cool water waiting at the end!)

Unknown said...

When would you ever have time for your girls to do any other activities. We found that staying involved with the church activities you mentions, keeps us busy enough. The older two, were on a track team one time and we had done clubs connected with school. We are pretty involved with the Conservatory for music lessons. Needless to say, we stay pretty busy.
Cheerleading is going to be a blast this year.
Thanks for everything you do. You are AWESOME!!!!!
We are going to both have victory on our weight issues this year. Have a great week. c-ya Saturday

Weight Loss Tracker