Friday, February 23, 2007

Fitness Friday

Wanting to find a way to use my blog habit addiction hobby to help me be a better person and help me achieve many of my goals, I am going to start a weekly post that I will call Fitness Friday. I have been wanting to loose weight and have been making some good efforts in my weight loss journey. However, I am always looking for ways to keep myself accountable and encouraged to achieve my weight loss goals. I read Mel's blog about her weight loss journey and Motivation Moments and these are encouraging. Then I recently just found The Clef of the Rock blog and Sarah does a Fitness Friday post where she shares her knowledge about health and fitness.

I decided that I am going to start posting a Fitness Friday post where I will record my weight loss journey. I want to use this as a time to share my progress, the ups & downs of the past week, and what I learn on this weight loss journey. I will also report any weight changes I may have gained, lost , or remained the same. I will also record any goals I have regarding weight loss, fitness, or health.

Let me encourage you to comment on these posts and let me know you are reading that way it will help me to be accountable and stay motivated to continue on my weight loss journey. I am also open to any thoughts, suggestions, and ideas you would like to share.

I will start this 1st Fitness Friday off by saying that I have not done very well this past week, which is a big reason why I want to start recording my progress here. I was doing really good there for a few weeks, drinking my water & exercising daily - then I missed a couple of days and now it is hard to get back into the routine. My fitness goal for this next week is to drink 8 glasses of water a day and to exercise 5 times, 3 days of aerobic and 2 days of toning.

I will let you know next week how it goes. Again please let me know what you think and any suggestions you may have to help. Also please share anything that you have found that has helped you to become healthier or has helped you lose weight.

Until Later,
~Betty~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Betty, I am in the same boat as you on this one. Once I missed that first day of exercise it was so easy to start making excuses to miss another day and another. It started out great and was so much fun, but now I need to get re-motivated! :) I wish you the best of luck with this and I'll keep encouraging you!
P.S. There is a Thankful Thursday...I believe it is hosted by Iris at Sting My Heart. I've not been there yet, but I plan to do that now on Thursday since T13 is gone! Besides it made me feel much better yesterday!

Sarah said...

Betty -- thanks for the link! I will be reading and cheering you on!! I KNOW it's easy to miss more and more exercise, remember -- a reasonable goal is to exercise just one more time than you did the week before! ANYTHING is better than nothing!

I am really enjoying Mel's "Shrinking Mom" blog, also. Good thoughts!

Laura said...

Good luck Betty!! You can so do this. You are right though, it is all about getting into the habit of it.
Blessings,
Laura

An Ordinary Mom said...

Good luck Betty! We are all rooting for you!

Girl Raised in the South said...

Good for you! Holding yourself accountable is a good way to get started. Hopefully when the weather improves we can all get outside to get moving too.

Cheri said...

Betty - I'm cheernig for you! Do the same for me - I'm really struggling getting back into a fitness routine, even with warm weather here lately (It was almost 70 today!)

Weight Loss Tracker