Saturday, February 24, 2007

SMART Habit Saturday


It is SMART Habit Saturday time again

If you have wanted to set some goals and make some changes in your household and have not yet participated in SMART Habit Saturday now would be the time to get started. I have some great news.

Anyone who participates in SHS for two weeks in a row by the end of March will be entered into a drawing to win Laura’s 5 free Organizing Bags, three large and two small!

Now that would be enough motivation for me to start participating. I would love to have these Organizing Bags. I think I want them as much as An Ordanary Mom wants them. lol Therefore, if you have been thinking about joining go here for more information and join us.

I received a phone call this week from a friend who does not blog and she told me that she has been following my blog and has been encouraged by me recording my goals that she has set certain goals for her house. I was shocked, but encouraged. It is a great feeling knowing that as I write about what is helping me, someone is reading it and in turn is making a difference in them.


Okay time for my new goal this week. For Week 8 my new goal is to do a load of laundry once a day. I plan to start a load in the morning after my shower before I get the girls up and ready. Then when I get back from taking Jody to school I will put the load in the dryer.

How I did this past week:
Week 1 Clean kitchen sink nightly I have been doing very good with this goal. This has become an established habit.

Week 2 Drink 8 glasses of water a day I have struggled with this one this week. I need to work on this and just do it.

Week 3 Exercise Monday – Friday I have struggled with this also. I was doing pretty well for a few weeks and now it’s hard to get back into it. I am going to refocus this week. I have started a new post on Fridays that I am calling Fitness Friday. I will post there what my progress is on losing weight and getting healthier.

Week 4 Read my Bible daily I have done better with this goal than the last two, but still need to work on this.

Week 5 Sort my girls clothes I have completed this and have gotten rid of 6 bags of clothes. YEAH! :)

Week 6 Organizing tax receipts With the help from my husband this chore has been completed. YEAH! :)

Week 7 Continue with same goals I was able to complete some goal, but not all. I will continue on.

If you want to participate please visit The Lazy Organizer here.


Until Later,

Betty

5 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

It's good to know that there are other people out there who are as obsessed with winning organizing bags as me :)!! Maybe we should have Lara do several drawings for us "oldtimers" so we can make sure we are all happy - LOL!

You are doing a wonderful job. I am so glad some of your goals are now officially habits. Woo-hoo!

Good luck with the laundry this week.

P.S. Of course we can still be friends if you don't watch AI. It just means you are more civilized than me :) !! You are so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Looks like I need to think of a crafty way to get those bags! This means war!!

Jen said...

You are really doing well with your habits (esp the organizing ones). Good for you!!!

I'm getting myself back into doing one load of laundry each day rather than having to do a bunch of them to catch up. It is so much easier that way. Good luck with this!

Anonymous said...

My diet includes 8 glasses of water per day. I've been on my diet for less than a week now, and only had two glasses!

Let's do this!

Lara said...

This post made me very thirsty! Way to go on your clean kitchen. I am going to bed with a dirty kitchen. How about if you come clean it I'll send you home with some bags!

See you Saturday!

Weight Loss Tracker