Friday, February 16, 2007

Jody, Upward, Salvation

I know I’m supposed to be taking a break from blogging this week, but I just had to share this story. I want to give you the background information before I tell you what I really want to tell you.

Jody, my 5 year old, is in Upward Cheerleading and I am the adult coach. She has practice every Monday and her games are on Saturdays. At last Saturday’s game her behavior was so bad that, as her mother (not her coach), I took her out of her game and made her go sit with John, her dad, in the sound booth. I know that Jody has a stubborn streak in her and can make life difficult at times. However, on Saturday I saw intense disobedient streak in her and she was determined not to do what I wanted her to do. This was very different than what I have seen in her before. Therefore, as a mom, I felt very discouraged and defeated and not sure how I was going to handle the behavior. After I separated Jody and she had time to sit, her behavior did get better for the rest of the day. –Good thing!

Monday night we had cheer practice. During every Upward practice there is a set time for a short devotional. This past Monday our devotional was the plan of salvation. I went through the material, explained that sin was the bad things that we do and that Jesus wants to forgive us if we ask him. I also explained that Jesus wants us to live for him and come into our hearts and lives. Then I prayed for each of the girls. I told the girls if they want to or if they do ask Jesus into their hearts to let me know.

Wednesday morning as I was getting the girls ready for school, Jody came running out of the bathroom and here is the conversation:

Jody: I have been talking, but really it was praying to Jesus.

Mom: Well that’s good

Jody: I prayed that Jesus would make me die

Mom: WHAT?

Jody: Yea that way He could make me again and He could make me good.

Mom: Oh! You mean to make you a new creation

Jody: Yeah. I just asked Jesus into my heart and to forgive me of the bad things I do like you said at cheerleading. I’m not going to talk anymore and I’m going to be good at cheerleading.


As my heart was melting and wanted to cry. This made a mom very proud and happy.

You know that Jody was busy on the phone and at church Wednesday night telling anyone who would listen what she did. Not only was I proud, but she was too.

I am so glad that we put the girls in Upward this year. Jody is a little young for Upward, but I talked to those in charge and asked them if I helped out if I could sign Jody up for cheerleading now there will be eternal benefits for them saying yes. Thanks Doug & Michelle.

I am feeling very honored and blessed.

(Of course you would know that Satan is not happy and is fighting me this week. I have really been struggling with my oldest daughter, Bethany. This will encourage us to pray more.)

Until Later,
Betty

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vinny, myself & Marissa is so proud of you Jody. Marissa just loves to be around you and she will see something different about you now. We love you and will continue to pray for you and for you Betty & John as parents.

Anonymous said...

Jody, what a wonderful story! I am sitting here crying and praising God for how He talks to each of us and helps us to understand. I will pray that you will always have such a tender heart.

You have made my day!

Anonymous said...

Wow Jody! Mr. Tom and I are so proud of you and the choice you have made. I am so glad that God told me to allow kids your age to cheer. What an awesome door he opened for you so many months ago. We love you very much! We are so happy for mommy and daddy, too!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a wonderful thing! I am so happy. I know you must be beaming! I will continue to pray for you and for Bethany. :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice story!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't compose my thoughts through my tears! I have seen you grow up so much Jody since we first met you. I am so proud to have been able to hear it from you. We love you so much!

As parents dealing with a nine year old girl, I know where you are coming from Betty. We all need to pray for each other as the next few years will be really hard for several of us! :-)

Mr Jim and Ms Jenn

Unknown said...

Jody, Ms. Alice is sooo proud of you. You are such a sweet little girl and I know God will use you in a special way in your future. Remember, if you ever need me I am here for you. We can share God's Word and eat some Blask Olives. (LOL)

Love you!
Ms. Alice

Betty, we are all in the raising of our 9 year olds together. HELP!!!
Love Ya!

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a wonderful thing and I'm so happy and proud of her. Being a parent is so hard and I feel like giving up sooooo much. My oldest is challenging. God gave each of us parents a blessing of life and it's our job to teach that love and cherish it. Sounds like your doing an awesome job and God is definetly smiling!
You both are very good parents and your girls are so precious to us. We miss you all and will continue praying for you. Now I'll dry my eyes and thank God for this wonderful thing!

Donnetta said...

That's what it's all about! Praising and Rejoicing with you!

Anonymous said...

Jodi,
It has almost been a month since you asked Jesus to make you new! Remember to talk with Him all of the time, and always listen to what He has to say. Jesus is the very best friend you can ever have!

Love,
Mrs. Ronda

Weight Loss Tracker