Saturday, February 17, 2007

SMART Habit #7


I’m back for SMART Habit Saturday. If you are new to SMART Habit Saturday you can click here to learn about it.

I have to be honest here and I did not do very well at all with my goals this week. I took the week off from Blogging so I could get a lot of work done. Do you think that happened? NOOOOOOOOO! In reality I got less done. That doesn’t make sense to me, but that’s what happened to me this week. I think that by blogging it keeps me accountable to what I need to do and reading other blogs encourages me and gives me ideas of how to keep balance in my life and get done what I need to get done. I was considering quitting blogging; however I have decided to continue and to use my blog to meet my needs.

Therefore, I am not adding a new habit this week, but will try to get back on track and continue to work on my current goals to make them a habit. I did realize this week that keeping my kitchen sink clean has pretty much become a must do habit. My husband has even realized that this must be done and has helped out many times. Now I need to get working on getting my other goals to become a must do habit. Speaking of my other goals, I have to share what my husband gave me for Valentine’s Day. One of my one time goals was to organize my taxes and receipts and I have been struggling with this. For Valentine’s Day John agreed to take an evening (and longer) of his and do this task for me. He is even setting up a system on the computer so that it will be easy to enter the information monthly from this point on and has agreed to take over that job for the next year. I received the best gift ever and money wise it did not cost us a cent – just a lot of time & effort. Oh how grateful I am!

The other goal I did Okay on this week was my devotions. I wanted to spend daily time reading the Bible. I did not read the Bible everyday this week, but I did spend a lot of time in prayer and writing in my prayer journal. This week I am planning to spend more time reading the Bible and praying.

Good luck to everyone who is participating in SMART Habits. If you would like to join or cheer on those who have, please visit Lara, The Lazy Organizer.

Until Later,
~Betty~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Betty,
I'm so glad you've chosen to stick with it. I understand what you are feeling though...somedays I just sit and read blogs all day and neglect my other responsibilities and it just takes up so much of my time. I'm working on that though and bloglines has really helped me in that area. You are doing a wonderful job with your habits though. And what a great hubby to take over those pesky things for you!!! :) I missed last week, too. And I added Bible reading to my list this week. I am sure it will help me with my attitude! Good luck this week and have a blessed one!

An Ordinary Mom said...

I am glad you are still with us, Betty. Blogging does take up a lot of time, but I am trying to learn to keep it in life. After all, I feel like blogging as also made a lot of positive impacts in my life as well.

What a sweet Valentine's present you got. You must have a remarkable husband!

Good luck with your praying and reading the Bible this week. I hope you find the peace you are seeking!

Anonymous said...

Blogging can take up a lot of time, but I agree that it gives me some sanity and I have been especially liking this SMART habit idea. I haven't had a lot of days that I have done all of the things I wanted to, but I am doing better just by trying!

Kassie said...

I am also trying to limit my blogging time, but find that it uplifts me and inspires me so I'm not willing to give it up totally. Just need to be wise in how much time I spend online. Good luck in continuing to build those habits. Thank heavens for wonderful husbands who will help when needed.

Lara said...

I love that story Betty! You have just given me an idea of what I'm going to do for my husband for a late Valentines Day present!

I'm glad you realized that cleaning the kitchen sink really has become a habit for you.

Have a great week!

Girl Raised in the South said...

I'm all for goals - even when we dont hit them 100% I still think we do better than without them at all. I've spent some time looking around your blog and there are several things to check out - your goal graph, Smart Saturday, and just to see what you all are up to :-) I'll be back. xoox

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you haven't given up on your blogging. You enjoy it so much and I love reading them for it inspires me to be a better person and relate to someone so dear as you are to me. What a wonderful gift he gave you. Thrifty and remarkable! You are very blessed!

Weight Loss Tracker