Saturday, February 10, 2007

SMART Habit Saturday

It is SMART Habit Saturday time again. If you want to know more about Smart Habit Saturday please visit The Lazy Organizer here.

Being able to list my goals and trying to set up daily routines and posting them here on my blog is helping me to accomplish my goals. Although I know there are still things I need to work on, but I will get there one step at a time.

I also want to mention that I am really enjoying Joe’s goals. It is fun to see the check marks and to see where I stand for the week.

I have noticed that working to meet my goals have become more important to me and is starting to become a habit. My day does not seem complete and I feel like I can’t go to bed at night until I know I have completed my goals. I’m also thinking about my daily goals early in the day and trying to accomplish them early so when bedtime comes I don’t have to fight myself to complete them.

My goals are listed on my sidebar. This week I completed all my daily goals except I missed one day drinking all my water. Then with my one time goal of sorting through my girls clothes I did not complete the task. I worked on it 2 times this week. Therefore, I will continue with that goal for this next week too.

My new goal for this week is another one time goal. I have an in home child care business. It is now tax time, which means I have to go through all my receipts, expenses, and income…. I know I really should do this throughout the year, but I always seem to wait until tax time to do it. This year I created a system to sort my receipts by month and I have been following it. However, now I have to go through those receipts and record all my expenses. Therefore, this week my goal is to go through 1 month each day. My wonderful husband has agreed to help me and do 6 months of the year and I will do 6 months of the year. I am hoping to have this completed this week so then we can send in our taxes and be done. If you don’t see me this week around Blog World just know that I am working hard on my goals and really want to complete them. I will be back next week for sure and report how I did on the goals.

Please visit Lara The Lazy Organizer to see the other SMART Habit Saturday participants or to join yourself.

Until Later,
~Betty~

2 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

You are doing such a remarkable job! Very impressive.

Good luck with all the tax receipts this week and with sorting your girls clothes. I am glad your DH is going to help you. So sweet of him.

Happy Valentine's Week!

Lara said...

I love how you have your goals listed on your sidebar!

You've got a tough week ahead of you with all that paper work! That's a great idea to do a little bit at a time so you don't get overwhelmed and I'm happy that you have enlisted your husband's help.

I can't wait to hear how your week goes!

Weight Loss Tracker