Sunday, February 11, 2007

Weekend Reflections

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS!

It has been a while since I have posted a weekend reflection so I thought I would do one this week since I have some time before Monday comes.

This week started out pretty good. On Sunday a friend our mine from church that has been dealing with a lot of hard issues decided to give his life over to the Lord and become a Christian. We have been praying so hard for him. PRAISE THE LORD! The would be the best think that has happened this week.

On a less exciting thing Bethany, my 9 year old, had a Bingo night at her school. We all went as a family and had a good time. Then we had some relaxing time at home.

Throughout this week I have had special moments with my husband. He has just been extra nice to me this week. Don't get me wrong he is always good to me, but this week it's just been a little extra and I have enjoyed it. I am so blessed to have John as my husband. I am so thankful that he supports me with what I do and what I want to do.

Friday night we invited two families over for dinner and a movie and that was fun. We did something different and had breakfast for dinner. We watched "Facing the Giants". The movie has a very good message and we all enjoyed watching it.

Saturday was Upward and we were at our church all day long. I really struggled with Jody's (my five year old) behavior. I ended up taking her out of her cheerleading game. I made her sit in the sound booth with her dad, while I went back and coached the rest of the cheerleaders. After she was away from the situation she seemed to calm down and did better the rest of the day.

Today, Sunday, was a good time at church. We had a Sunday School Class party after church. It was a going away party for one of our members who is moving out of state. I am president for the class, therefore I had certain responsibilities to help out with for the party. It all went well and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Then we had some time to relax at a friend's house, before having to go back to church for a class we are taking and kids praise team practice.

This week went pretty well, it went fast and we stayed busy.

Until Later,
Betty

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Betty,

Wow, you had an action packed week. Had some family time, special times with John and still had time for friends. You have a special family and I am glad to call ya'll my friend. Have a great week!

Luv Ya!
Alice

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot going on! I am glad you had a good week. I will be praying for you.

Cheri said...

God is amazing - and it is amazing to see Him working in other people's lives isn't it!

Your live sounds just as busy as mine - and just as full of challenges.

When you're finished organizing your own taxes, would you like a European vacation to come and organize mine...?

Weight Loss Tracker