Monday, March 26, 2007

Getting Victory!

For several weeks now there has been a several situations going on in my life that I have been struggling with. Little things have just been adding to it. It hasn’t seem appropriate to blog about it, I have not talked to any friends about it (just John), but have been carrying the burden around inside of me. It must be showing in me, because several of my friends have been asking me if I am Okay and making little comments that it looks like something is bothering me. Well there was, but I just didn’t know how to share it with someone and I just wasn’t ready to share it. I have been praying about it, but not really getting or expecting victory. This weekend I was ready to talk about what was going on and wanted to unload on someone. I tried to share and called several different friends that I thought might understand or at least listen to me. However, the timing never seemed to work. I called my best friend Pat and she was on her way out. I told her I just called to whine she said the next time we talk she will bring the cheese (we have the type of relationship that we can do that) Lol J. I did try to talk to several other friends, but it just didn’t seem to be the right time. I believe this was God getting me to whole heartily rely on Him and waiting for him to deliver me, not someone else.

During nap time I started reading Psalm 34 and came to the computer and typed out my heart to the Lord and wanted to share my process here on my blog.

Today I need God to do something in my heart and life. I have a situation going on and I need God’s victory.

Dear Lord,

I want out of this situation that I am in. I feel miserable, unhappy, and hopeless. I also don’t feel like I should really ask you to help me out. I feel like it is my own fault that I’m here so what right do I have to ask for your help? I don’t have a right, but I don’t know what else to do. I am crying out to you because I can’t do it on my own – even if it is my own fault I am where I am. I am hoping you will have mercy on me and love me anyway. Please deliver me out of this hopelessness and show me a new way.

Psalm 34:6
This poor man called, and the Lord heard him;
He saved him out of all his troubles.

Psalm 34:9 - 10
Fear the Lord, you his saints,
for those who fear him lack nothing.
The lions may grow weak and hungry,
But those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.

Psalm 34:17 - 19
The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
He delivers them from all their troubles.
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
And saves those who are crushed in spirit,
A righteous man may have many troubles,
But the Lord delivers him from them all;

Lord I am seeking you and I need you to deliver me. Please forgive me for where I lack and where I was wrong. Teach me to be better and to do different. Please give me the wisdom that I need right now and that I am seeking. Help me to overcome, to be victorious, and to trust you. Help me not to believe Satan’s lies in my life. I give you this situation in my life and will wait on You. I will no longer carry this burden and worry about this situation. I give you my desires and my wants and will accept whatever you give back to me. Lord I am going to rejoice in the blessing you give me and not be jealous, envious, or less fulfilled because of what you give others. I am looking to you to fill my heart and provide my needs. I am not looking to a friend, pastor, or anyone else to deliver me. You are my deliver and rescuer. It is in you that I trust. I am relying on your strength.

I love you Lord! I am seeking you! You are amazing! I want to be loved by You. I trust that you hear me and that you are bringing me victory. I am sensing your presence.

There is song called People Need the Lord, I have learned that not only do non Christian people need the Lord, but Christian people need the Lord too. I need the Lord!

I am moving on and trusting the Lord to do a new thing in my life. I am going to rejoice, live, and enjoy God’s freedom. I am breaking free of these chains I have been in the past few weeks. I will not let Satan hold me down any longer. I will not be bound by his lies. I serve a risen God who has overcome the world. I am more than a conquer in Christ Jesus!

James 4:7 & 8 (personalized)
I submit myself to You O God. I resist the devil, now he is fleeing from me! I am coming near to You O God and trusting You will come near to me. I want to humble myself before you Lord and trust that you will lift me up.

I will endure.

I love you Lord! I give you the glory and victory in my life. I worship you.

When I started typing I felt very defeated and hopeless. God has brought me through and I am thankful and now determined. I will continue to Praise the Lord! Now I am waiting to see how God will bring certain changes in my life, but no matter what He has already changed me through this prayer!

Until Later,
~Betty~

4 comments:

Dedee said...

Betty, I had a similar day yesterday, learning to let the Lord have my weaknesses, hopes and fears. I was blessed. Have you tried fasting? The Bible is replete with references to fasting. It's an outward symbol of submission to the Lord. I find that it helps me at times like this. I'm am so grateful that you feel hope again.

Cheri said...

Oh, I'm praying for you. I'm not sure what you're going through, but I know we all have times when we're lost in the desert. Believe me, I know.

God is good, and He will bring you through this victoriously. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but He will bring you through!

Lyndy said...

Betty, I am praying for you dear one and I hope by now you have gotten an answer or are at least feeling more peaceful about the situation.

Hugs, Lyndy

Anonymous said...

Betty,
I am always in prayer for you. You are such a dear sweet person and I consider you a friend. If you ever need someone to talk to just yell out! I will listen. I know that God is faithful and He will give you peace and understanding and the answers you need. :) (((BIG HUGS)))

Weight Loss Tracker