Sunday, April 01, 2007

No Foolin'

Thirteen years ago today my husband asked me to marry him - no foolin'. At that time it was Easter weekend and we were on spring break from college. We came to Georgia to visit my friends and so they could meet John and check him out. I knew things were getting serious with John & I and I wanted their opinion of him and make sure they didn't sense or see something that I didn't.

When we left college that weekend, I had a feeling that he was going to propose to me on Easter Sunday morning. My friend Caryl told him that I knew, therefore, he changed his plans. He chose Good Friday to ask me. He got up early, cooked me breakfast, and brought it to me in bed. (We did stay is seperate rooms. My room was upstairs, his was downstairs). He woke me up and asked me to marry him. I remember being tired and thinking "why is he waking me up this early?" "This better be good or he is dead." Well, he didn't die! :) lol

When he asked me on "Good Friday" he failed to remember that it was also April Fools Day. After I ate my breakfast and I admired my ring, I went down to his room and told him that I changed my mind and I didn't want to get married. I could tell his heart sank and then I said "April Fools!" He has a good sense of humor and we still laugh about it today!

Until Later,
~Betty~

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love that story!

Happy Anniversary!
Laura

Weight Loss Tracker