Sunday, April 01, 2007

Weekend Reflection



I am going to really try to complete this Weekend Refection. For weeks now I have started several weekend reflections and never seem to complete them. This week started out rough. I had this sense of frustration and hopelessness. You can read about it here. I have really been trying to pray through it and searching the scriptures. I still don’t have complete victory over it, but I don’t feel as hopeless and depressed. After praying through on Monday I feel better even if the circumstances have not changed. I believe pouring my heart out to God makes a difference and He then begins to work in our lives. I am asking Him to do something new and different in my heart & life. I really want to see him in a new way. Now I am waiting to see what he does and what he wants to teach me.

Another thing that happen was my daughter, Bethany, was on the radio this week. Our Christian radio station was giving away tickets to High School Musical on Ice. In order to get the tickets you had to call in and sing while you were in the shower. Bethany got up early and on the radio sang “When there was me and you” from High School Musical. In October she now gets to go see the show. We all were excited and proud of her.

On Saturday John went to the Final Four and worked in the concession stands with our youth group as a fundraiser. He had a ball. Being from Ohio and being a Buckeye fan, he was thrilled to be able to watch parts of the game and be there for free. He also gets to go back on Monday.

While John was gone all day on Saturday, that left just the girls and I to hang out with no other major plans. We had a good time – better than I thought it would be. We did some shopping and some cleaning. Bethany & I worked in the yard and had some good bonding time.

That’s what happened with me this past week. Visit Judi here if you would like to read more Weekend Reflections or if you would like to participate.

Until Later
~Betty~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a good week. Bethany scored! My daughter would be so jealous. :) I am still praying for you dear friend.

Karen said...

Betty, Thank You for sharing your post of March 26th. You were able to put into words what I have been feeling and just couldn't find the words for it. I was searching scripture this morning, and found what I needed right here in your blog. You have a lovely blog -- so heartfelt!

Blessings to you --

Dedee said...

Beety, nice to see you again. Prayers coming your way as fast as I can send them!

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

love your blog - have had a great time reading, etc...

have a wonderful day!!!

Lyndy said...

Praying you have had a better week my sweet friend. Have a blessed weekend and Easter to I pray.

Lyndy

Weight Loss Tracker