Thursday, March 01, 2007

Thankful Thursday


During our family Prayer time at night we always go around and tell what we are thankful for that happened during the day or the week. Therefore, I decided that I want to add this to my blog. So every Thursday I am going to share things in my life that I am thankful for.

This has been a difficult week and I am feeling discouraged and disapppointed right now, but I know there are still things in my life that I am thankful for no matter how I am feeling.

I am thankful for the blessing of friendship. Since we have moved to Georgia God has blessed John & I with a group of friends that have blessed me more then what I can express.

I am thankful that I was able to talk on the phone to Pat, my best friend from Lima. It was like a breath of fresh air. Talking with Pat encourages, inspires, and sometimes convictes me in my spiritual walk.

I'm thankful for the opportunity to blog. It has been helping to stay accountable to my daily home task, to be a better mom, better wife, and better Christian. I have been so encouraged by some of the blogging friends I have made and by reading their stories & lives.

As always I'm thankful for my family. We are together no matter how we feel or what is happening in our lives.

Dear Lord, Thank you for all these things that I have listed and so many more that I have not listed.
Visit Sting My Heart for more Thankful Thursday entries.

Until Later,
Betty

9 comments:

Crystal said...

Being thankful during difficult times is really hard but it also keeps us focused on what is most important......thank you for sharing!
Blessings

Denise said...

Thanks for being thankful through your hard times, bless you.

Lori said...

Supportive friends are worth their weight in gold!! Have a blessed Thrusday.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you are joining the 'thankful bunch'...I have to agree, through blogging we can stay connected with people around the world.
I am thrilled that you have found friends in your new community. It is hard sometimes to connect after a move. I know it was true for me 16 years ago moving from Germany.

Thanks again for sharing your thankful list with us this week - welcome :).

Blessings to you and yours.

Ms. Kathleen said...

Welcome, welcome! It is so awesome that your family prays together each evening. I love hearing that. I pray the rest of your week is blessed with inner peace.

What a wonderful list you have! Blessings!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I understand how hard it can be to be thankful when things are difficult. The Lord will bless you for being thankful even with things are hard.

Anonymous said...

You have lots to be thankful for. I know it is tough at times but there is always something there to be found.

P.S. I hope you can still do your Weekend Reflections too.:)

Cheri said...

Betty you are so lucky to have found a solid group of friends to spend time with - believe me, it isn't always easy to do!

Deena Peterson said...

Thank you for your sacrifice of praise...sometimes I think the Father gets more glory from our praise of Him when we don't want to do it, but we're obedient anyway...so thank you!

Weight Loss Tracker