Monday, April 23, 2007

Back to Blogging

I sit hear wondering what I should write and how do I get myself back into blogging. I have taken a break and am now ready to come back, but not sure what all to share and what all to write about, therefore I’m just going to start by writing my thoughts.

I have decided that I want to continue blogging, because I want a place and an opportunity to share my thoughts about life, organization, parenting, weightloss, and what the Lord is teaching me in my daily walk with Him and I how feel about that.

There are several issues and God lessons that I could share right now and I am planning to share them and express them here on my blog. Here on my blog, I want to be able to share more of my heart and what God is doing in my life than what I have done in the past. I hope that if anyone is still out there reading this that you would come back and share your heart, thoughts, and encouragement with me as I share how God is walking with me On The Journey to Victory. I also hope that as I share my journey to victory that God will use this blog to encourage others.

I am making some changes in my life. One of the biggest changes I am making is I’m going to leave my comfort zone of staying home and providing child care. I am going to look for a job and this scares me and makes me nervous. I have been thinking about what kind of job I want and where I want to work and where I do not want to work. I am finding that I know in my heart what kind of job I want, but in many ways it is hard to describe. I wonder if the type of job I want even exists (that is for pay at least). I would like to do something in children’s programming in a Christian atmosphere. I am considering many different options and I need to pray more about it and rely on God to open the door He wants me to go through. For some reason I feel like I’m on my own and feel like I have to find the perfect job all on my own. That is when I get scared and worried. I am consistently reminding myself that I need to trust the Lord to take care of these issues. I am also looking for a work environment where I can grow professionally. Knowing what can be out there and where I came form before also concerns me. I was talking with my friend Pat this week and she reminded me that when we have faith our God is big enough to provide me a job that would satisfy my heart’s desire and to be able to meet the financial obligation that I need it to accomplish. After that phone conversation the Lord convicted me of how little faith I have right now. Because I believe the Lord is moving me in a new direction and moving me out of my comfort zone, I feel that I am fighting fear and insecurities. I did not realize how comfortable I have become. Although things are uncomfortable and I’m scared I am pressing forward. I am just beginning this job search journey, however already this week I have made some calls that have not been easy for me to do. Inside I want to run and say forget it, however I have made myself (through a lot of self talk) make the phone calls that I think I need to make to find a job. For my personality type this is not easy. It’s funny how I can say all the right things in my mind and think yep that is exactly the way I need to do it. When the time comes down to making the call I can think of all kinds of excuses not to do it. I guess that is the difference of knowing how and what to do and doing what you know you should do. You would think that when I know what I should do and know how to do it that it should be easy to do, but it’s not for me. I have to force myself to do what I know I should do. I try to convince myself by imagining how I will feel once the action is completed. As hard as this is I know the Lord is walking me through this and I will grow from this experience. As I have realized that I am lacking faith & trust right now these have been my top priority on my prayer list this week. I will continue to walk on this journey and will see the victory in this issue. I will share the process and progresses with any of you that find yourself here reading about my journeys to victory. Hopefully you will come back again. I am open to your thoughts, encouragement and prayers.

It feels good to be back blogging again. I have missed it.

Until Later,
~Betty~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Betty! I know what you are saying. I feel the same way. I too have been struggling with how little faith I have right now. I have started reading Get Out of That Pit by Beth Moore and it has helped me a lot and I am only on Chapter 3. I will keep praying for you!

Cheri said...

Missed you. I'm missing blogging too. I really need a laptop to keep in touch with everyone!

Praying for you!

Dedee said...

Happy to see you Betty.

Have you ever read "The Prayer of Jabez"? In it he talks about those times when we feel like everything is unstable and we feel we can't handle it. Like you say, it's supposed to feel that way. That is when we put our trust in God.

Good read if you ever have the time.

Betty's Loosing Race said...

Thanks ladies. It's good to be back! This really just a test comment. I made some changes and want to see how it works.

~Betty~

Anonymous said...

I pray you find your niche. It's hard to know just what His will for us is, isn't it.

Bea~working to help women reclaim their dignity and dollars.
www.pinktruth.com

Lyndy said...

Oh my sweet friend I am happy to see you back blogging. I too struggle with the “faith and trust” issue and then I end up feeling guilty. Take comfort my friend, God already has a job in mind for you and He knows all the answers.

I am praying for you and excited to see where God will lead you.

Have a great weekend.

Lyndy

Weight Loss Tracker