Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Thankful Thursday



This week I am thankful for God's love in my life. I have been struggling trusting God to provide certain things this week and he has gently come to me and reminded me how much he loves me and is worthy enough to be trusted.

I'm thankful that when my faith is lacking God is still big enough to be trusted. A friend of mine reminded me this week of how faithful the Lord is and how He can be trusted to meet my needs and my heart's desires.

I'm thankful that God understands me and knows how to speak to my heart to get His message across to me. Sometimes in my life certain people will say things or I hear things over & over again, but don't get the message that there are areas in my life that I need to change. I don't always respond when others try to change me. However when God says it is time to change a behavior or attitude, He knows how to speak right to my heart and make the message clear so I don't misunderstand.

I'm thankful for the people God brings into my life to encourage me and inspire me to be more like Jesus. Our church is starting a 40 day Faith Journey Devotional and my friend Alice asked me to be her accountability partner through this and after talking about it we were able to connect on a "God level" and it was encouraging.

I'm thankful that God loves me through my short comings & faults.

Visit Sting My Heart to see more Thankful Thursday's participants.

Until Later,

~Betty~

16 comments:

Amy said...

That's so very true! God loves us no matter what!

Denise said...

Very nice thankful list, bless you.

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Very true. Trust in the Lord in all matters and you will be blessed.
Remember ," I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:3
Thank you for sharing. May the Lord bless you this week and always. Very inspiring post .

In his endless love,
Angel ( Angel Mama Pearls of Wisdom)

Grandparents Corner said...

Your thankfulness post blessed me. I've been there and always needed that gentle reminder from God. I pray God's blessings for you.

Deedra said...

Wonderful post. Thank you for sharing. Have a great rest of the week!

eph2810 said...

Yes, God is faithful and His timing is always perfect--we can 'count' on that. He always places people in our life that will help us to continue the journey until we enter into Glory with Him.
Thank you so much for joining us again this week.
Blessings on your Thursday and always...

Mary said...

God is so faithful - and so very patient with me. That's perfect love! Great list here girl.
Have a fabulous day.
Blessings.

Lori said...

"I'm thankful that when my faith is lacking God is still big enough to be trusted" OH AMEN!!!!

Enjoyed reading through your list. Have a great day.

Love Bears All Things said...

Yes, it is a blessing to have "girlfriends" who are also Christian sisters. They speak the truth to us in love. They encourage and counsel. Great post!!

Crystal said...

Great post...Christian sisters to keep us accountable is a great thing....
Blessings

Anonymous said...

Beautiful list. Best wishes for your 40 day journey! I am sure it will be a blessing for you.

Full Contact, Savior-centric Livin said...

Looks like God is blessing you as you go deeper with Him.

Deena Peterson said...

Amen...my husband likes to say that God loves us just as we are, but loves us too much to let us stay that way for long...it's always onward and upward!!

Monkey Giggles said...

Thank you...well said

Nise' said...

Amen to the truth of your post! For without Him we can do nothing (JOhn 15:5) but with Him we can do anything (Phil 4:13). Thanks for sharing.

Delete said...

I love what you said about God knowing how to speak to your heart! He knows that I need to basically be knocked over the head so He sends me messages over and over again :)

Weight Loss Tracker