Friday, April 27, 2007

Reasoning with a 5 year old

This is the conversation with Jody, my 5 year old (preschooler), this morning:

Mom: Jody it's time to get up for school

Jody: I don't want to go to school. We are just learning about Kindergraden.

Mom: That's good. You will need to know it for next year.

Jody: I don't want to learn about Kindergarden, I want to learn more about Jesus!

Mom: Well, that's good and you will learn about Jesus too, here at home & church.

Jody: I want to learn about Jesus at school.

Mom: You know Jody, Jesus wants you to obey your parents. And you mom says it's time to get up.

Jody: I already know Jesus wants me to obey my parents, I want to learn something NEW about Jesus!

Can you tell we have our hands full already and she's not even in elementary school yet.

Until Later,
~Betty~

3 comments:

Sandy said...

What a cute conversation.....

Dedee said...

This is so cute. I love it when our kids prove to us that they are far more intelligent than we sometimes think they are. Good luck with that darling child!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Oiy-vay! You DO have your hands full. That's awesome!

Weight Loss Tracker