Friday, May 11, 2007

8 Random Things About Me

Since I have started blogging I have not been personally tagged very often to do a meme (maybe only once). Therefore I was thrilled when I happened to be reading Robin’s blog at Robinznest and saw that I was tagged for this 8 Random Things Meme.

Here are the rules I found over at her place.

  1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
  2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules.
  3. At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names.
  4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Here are 8 Random Things About Me:

  1. Although I graduated from college with a BA, I am a horrible speller. If reading something with missed spelled words offends you, then you won’t enjoy this blog. This is my one weakness right now that makes me the most nervous about finding a job. I am so thankful for spell check and my husband.
  2. My favorite food is pizza and my favorite restaurant is Pizza Hut. I have several inside jokes about this with my friends. They like to tease me about choosing Pizza Hut over any nice or fancy restaurant. Good thing my friends love me enough that when we go out together they will eat there.
  3. I don’t understand most jokes. When I’m in a group I fake it and laugh then I later ask my husband to explain it to me. My famous quote is “I don’t get it!”
  4. While John & I dated I broke up with him 2 different times before I decided to marry him. Basically I was scared of marriage. I didn’t want to end in a divorce, I didn’t want to have a marriage like my parents and I didn’t want to be a mother or wife like my mom. God worked me through my fears and on June 10 we will be celebrating 12 years of marriage and things between us are very good. We have a good marriage, where we can talk about issues and respect each other. He is my best friend and I’m blessed to have him in my life.
  5. During the day I have a glass I keep a drink in and I refill it when it is empty. My husband does not understand this. When he is around and sees an almost empty glass and no one around drinking it, he takes it and puts it in the sink. When I come back to the room for a drink I can never find my glass. I always know when John has been cleaning up. After almost 12 years of marriage we have learned to laugh about it!
  6. I’m learning to be organized. Thank you to Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie.
  7. While I was growing up my parents were not Christians, but I became a Christian at an early age and grew up in the church and went to a Christian College, Mount Vernon Nazarene College (now University). My parents did become Christians before they died.
  8. It takes me awhile to let down my guard when I meet new people.

I enjoyed doing this. I hope you enjoyed the list.

The 8 people that I tag are:

  1. Alice at Putting Joy Back into Our Lives
  2. Cheri at Keeping Up with His Plans
  3. Dedee at The Quiltmaker's Gift
  4. Judi at Mommy to Two
  5. Amanda at Homefront Mom
  6. Lyndy - Oh Fiddle-dee-dee
  7. Lauren at Baseballs and Bows
  8. You!

7 comments:

Robin said...

Good Job Betty!
Hey - I went to Northwest Nazarene University! In fact, my husband pastors a Nazarene church today! I'm so happy your parents found the Lord.
It was so nice reading little tidbits of info about you - I feel like I know you a little more than before!

Lyndy said...

Betty, How wonderful your parents found the Lord. God is good.

I did the meme...it is nice to learn things about each other.

Thanks for the tag.

Hugs, Lyndy

Laura said...

You are so welcome Betty!! And I do the same thing with the water glass. You know what works for me. I went and bought a drinking glass that looks like no other that we have and now everyone knows that one is mine and to leave it alone :)
Have a great Mother's Day tomorrow!!

Laura

Laura said...

Oops, I meant have a good Mother's Day on Sunday!

Laura

Jenny said...

uh...I don't get a lot of jokes either!! lol! And I love Pizza Hut...it's because of their breadsticks...love 'em!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag! I plan to do this in the next couple of days. I love Pizza Hut as well. Stuffed Crust pizza is one of my favorite meals!

Amberly said...

We share the same anniversary, only we're about to celebrate our 13th year! Cool!

Weight Loss Tracker