Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Smart Girl

Do you remember me telling you about this conversation about Jody, my five year old, not wanting to go to school because she wanted to learn about Jesus?. Well, let's see if this tops that one.

Last week was Kindergarten registration. While John was filling out paperwork they took Jody to another room and did some screenings. When the teacher brought Jody back she reassured John that she did fine and that she learned something about Jody. Apparently, Jody told the teacher that she knew everything and that she was the smartest one in her family! John looks at the teacher and wonders "How do I respond to that one?" Lacking in the confidence she is not. Have I said lately "Boy are we going to have our hands full!"

Until Later,
~Betty~

4 comments:

Robin said...

How sweet - she sounds very confident!

I tagged you at my blog for a 8 Random Things meme. I'm looking forward to learning more about you!

Dedee said...

I love how confident they are at that age. She sounds lovely. The nice thing about kindergarten teachers is that they are used to kids making comments like that. They can take it in stride!

Good luck with her!

Unknown said...

That's my Jodi. BTW, remember, the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree. LOL
Love You
Alice

Marianne said...

Hi Betty, I just love this tale about your little one! My sweet niece was JUST EXACTLY like that when she was that age. She is now 10 and the most delightful girl and I love spending time with her. I love how Jesus is such a natural part of your Jody's life. That is what we desire for our LCB, Joshua.

Blessings!

Weight Loss Tracker