Monday, May 14, 2007

Weekend Reflections



This week Jody had a kindergarten round up time. Jody got to visit a kindergarten classroom and a chance to ride the school bus. She was all excited. She woke up early, before I got out of bed and was dressed and ready to go before I got out of bed. She is so looking forward to going to school with her sister next year.

I was able to go in and eat lunch with Bethany this week and bought her two friends an ice cream bar. They were so polite and thanked me many times. It feels great to do something for kids when they really show their manners, especially when there is not an adult around prompting them what to say.

This week I started my May Day Weight Loss Challenge. It has been going good so far. I have been staying with my eating and exercise plan. I am really committed to this and I want this challenge to work for me. I have been loosing – which I will report exactly how much on Tuesday. Today, Mother's Day, was my cheat day and I was not as careful about what I ate. I am allowing myself to have one cheat day every week.

On Saturday we had a birthday party to go to in the afternoon and then had a relaxing day at home. I even got to take a nap. I was able to watch a movie with my girls and we enjoyed ourselves.

Mother’s Day is usually kind of hard for me. I had “my moment” today, and then I got over it and enjoyed the rest of the day with my family. After church we went to my favorite restaurant – Pizza Hut, did some shopping, did some visiting, came home John & the girls clean the house for me-while I relaxed, then we went out for milkshakes. It was a good day.

That’s about all for this week. If you would like to read more weekend reflections you can visit Judi here.

Until Later,
~Betty~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good week! I will have to check out the weight loss challenge!

Robin said...

Tomorrow is weigh day! I'm glad to hear you have had a good week and have lost - I can't wait to see your weight loss post tomorrow! I've done okay - even a itsy bitsty bit of exercise!

Mandalyn said...

I'm glad you had a good week! Good luck to you on your weight loss challenge!!

God Bless!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great Day! You deserve the Best. I am happy for you
Have a great day

Alice

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great Day! You deserve the Best. I am happy for you
Have a great day

Alice

Lyndy said...

Betty, So glad to hear you had a nice weekend and Mother's Day. I have been reading about your weight loss adventure and it sounds like you are off to a great start.

Have a blessed week.

Hugs, Lyndy

Weight Loss Tracker