Monday, May 14, 2007

Weigh in Day 1


Today is the first weigh in of the May Day Challenge. My personal actual weigh in day is on Saturday. This week I have been weighing myself everyday and recording it. Last Saturday 5/5/07 I started this challenge at 212.6 lbs. Since then I have exercised 4 times, been eating more fruits & veggies, and avoiding sugar & white flour. On Saturday 5/12/07 I weighed in at 209.0 which is a 3.6 lb weight loss!!! :) I feel very encouraged by this loss. It is the little boost that I needed.

This week I have been feeling motivated and committed to this journey. I have created myself a notebook to keep a written record of my weigh ins, food log, exercise tracking, and fitness or nutritious info I receive and want to keep on hand. I have found that this is helping me to stay motivated. I really want this challenge and journey to work for me this time. In the past when I wanted to start new changes I realize that I can stay motivated for a couple of weeks, maybe 3, and then I seem to drift away from my goals. I really want this time to be different. I want these actions I am changing to be a lifetime change. Therefore, I am very thankful for this challenge and for the ladies at Tales from the Scales and the accountability & encouragement they are offering. As we are on this journey I want people to keep me accountable. Therefore, as we are on this challenge and you stop by here and notice that I have stopped posting on weigh in days please email me or leave a comment and check in on me to help me stay motivated and encouraged. I will do the same for you too. I am really praying that this will be my life changing moment when I will really stick with the changes I am making and I would greatly appreciate it if you would help me to stick with my goals. I am glad we are not in this alone. We are all in this together!

I am off to see how you all did this week. Best wishes for this week. If you have not joined the May Day Challenge and would like to you can visit Tales from the Scales here and join with us.

Until Later,
Betty

17 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you! We are going to make it this time, because we are going to keep each other motivated. I am weighing in tomorrow when I go to workout. Did a preliminary weigh in today and doesn't look like I did as well as you. If not I think it is muscle gain, it has been forever since I have worked out faithfully. We'll see. Remember, we are in this life changing adventure together.

Love Ya!

Alice

Cheri said...

Terrific job! I am so proud of you! I have to do my post too, but I weighed in 5 pounds lighter today, but remember it was after vacation!

Keep up the hard work!

Julie in Texas said...

Great loss! I love your positive attitude.

Keep up the good work.

Melanie said...

Great job! What an awesome way to start out your weight loss! Keep it up!

Nise' said...

*clapping*! It's so motivating to get off to a great start! Keep it up.

Sharon said...

LOL! I'll be glad to be your cheerleader as long as you'll be mine when I need it! ;-)

It definitely is motivating when you can lose the first week! You've done great!

Mrs. Schmitty said...

Awesome job! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Keep on going - one pound at a time. We can stick to this if we keep each other going and keep a positive attitude. I'm trying really hard to focus on the little steps so my ultimate goal doesn't seem too overwhelming. Good luck in the coming week. I'll keep an eye out for your posts.

Anonymous said...

I like your idea of keeping track every day. I know when I've done that in the past, I've been much more cautious about what I eat and more determined to exercise.

Great job!

Girl Raised in the South said...

That's a great weight loss, hip hip hoorah for you!

Denise said...

Great job, happy for you.

Robin said...

You did great! And you are so right on about writing everything down - it does help to keep you accountable.
I'm really proud of you!

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB!! My mom has lost almost 70 lbs (and was heavier than you!), so I know you can do this. Portion size is very important and what has helped her! Looking forward to see how you continue to do and I hope to report a small loss soon ... it takes me FOREVER to lose weight!

Pattie said...

We are all in this together!! You did great this week and I can't wait to check back again next week! Congrats!!

Robin said...

Oh Betty - thanks for stopping by my blog and praying for ME! There truly is nothing like belonging to the family of God!
Thank you!

Laura said...

Congratulations! What a thrilling beginning! I hope this next week you continue to feel encouraged and joyful in the goals you've set for yourself!

Lyndy said...

Great job on the weight loss my friend. I one who has been there won’t it be wonderful that there will be no dieting in Heaven. Keep up the great work.

I am praying for ya.

Love and Hugs, Lyndy

Weight Loss Tracker