Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thankful Thursday


This week I am thankful for the gift of LIFE. I am in the middle of facing some hard challenges and I don’t know how things are going to end up, but this week I decided that I was going to enjoy life. I am going to enjoy the good moments in life despite the current hard times & hurt in my life.

Tuesday night was my daughter, Bethany’s, school night at Skate County and we went as a family. I had THE best time. John was taking care of Jody who is still learning to skate, Bethany went around with her school friends, and I was able to skate by myself. It was great exercise and I totally enjoyed it. On the way home that night, while getting the girls ready for bed early so John I could enjoy our “weekly date night” watching House, was when I determined that I really do have many things to be grateful for despite any bad things going on. This didn’t just happen; I had to take action to make it happen.

Along with the hard challenges I am thankful that God gives small blessings:



  • Family time toghter.

  • My church, Gracepointe, where I am developing good friendships.

  • My quiet time I have in the evening to blog, email, & IM my friends.

  • The May Day Challenge to loose weight and the new bloggers I am meeting.

  • The Christian radio station (104.7 The Fish) that I get to listen to in the mornings and to be blessed by. I love the morning show with Kevin & Taylor.

  • The hope that I have to better my life and my family’s life.

  • The fact that God doesn’t give up on me and loves me in spite of my weaknesses.

    The Bible says that Jesus came to give us life and to give it abundantly and I have decided this week to really enjoy life no matter what! I hope you are having a thankful week.

    If you would like to read more thankful posts or to join yourself please visit Iris here.

    Until Later,
    ~Betty~

16 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your thankful list, I will be praying for you.

Robin said...

Oh Betty - you have found the key to Victory! You are so right, being thankful and enjoying life are choices we make. I will be praying for you. Thank you for the reminder to enjoy the little everyday things in life.

Melissa said...

Thanks for stopping by & the prayers for my mom. Things are much better, and she may go home today.

Congrats on your first week of the May Day challenge! Way to go!

I enjoyed your thankful post, too.

Melissa @ Breath of Life

Anonymous said...

Always praying for you Betty! I love ya!

P.S. I finally did the 8 Things meme!

Nise' said...

Praising the Lord that you are looking at the small blessings during difficult circumstances!

Mary said...

Amen! Everything in our life is a choice. We can choose to follow Jesus or not. We can choose to be joyful or not, even in difficult times, etc. Thank you for sharing. Blessings on your weekend.

Lyndy said...

I know sometimes it is hard to choose to find joy and happiness and I am trying to keep this lesson myself. Thanks for the reminder.

Hugs, Lyndy

Deena Peterson said...

I love, love, LOVE the name of your church...'cause it's grace that points the way to the Savior...

Unknown said...

I linked over from Lyndy's blog and have thoroughly enjoyed me visit here. you have a sweet godly spirit.

I noticed we have a couple of things in common! First of all - CHRIST! Then, I have a 9 year old son and a 20 year old. 14 years ago, I started an In-Home day care to supplement hubby's income so I could be home with my first born son. 10 years ago, I closed it down and became pregant with my 2nd baby right after.

God bless as you continue to sort through your hurts. Keep living. I enjoyed your Thankful list.

Unknown said...

Betty,

Thanks for being here for me. You are an awesome friend. I am so happy we are on our journey together and will be there for each other. Thanks

Love Ya!

Alice

eph2810 said...

Betty, no matter what we are going through in life, we know that we have Him walking with us. Although I don't have currently major challenges, but the road of life can get really challenging.

Thank you for sharing your thankful list with us this week, despite your hard times.

I am lifting you up in prayer, my friend.

Blessings on your Friday and always.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your list! Blessings to you as you begin your weight loss. You can do it!

Sharon said...

I didn't get around to everybody on yesterday's TT.

We're pretty close. Maybe an hour from Buford. I live in Baldwin (actually out in the country, with a Baldwin address).

I'm sorry you are going through some tough times now. I'll be praying for you.

Dedee said...

Betty, hang in there. I'm glad that you know where to turn for the most compete love and help.

Good luck, and remember 2 Timothy 1:7!

Amanda said...

What a sweet gal you are. With all that is going on in your head and you take the time to visit other people and leave them a word of encouragement. You are a blessing. Thank you. Amanda

Lyndy said...

Hi Betty, You have been quite this week and I just wanted you to know I had been thinking about you.

Praying for you too sweet friend.

Hugs, Lyndy

Weight Loss Tracker