Friday, December 29, 2006

Family Activities

We had such a nice family day yesterday. I took my time getting up and ready then our family along with some friends went to Mayfield Dairy and to Magical Nights of Lights. At the end of the light tour there was an area that had carnaval rides and we let the kids ride and play around. It was such a blessing to see my girls have so much fun. It brought back memories of a kid going to our county fair and having a good time. It made me realize that I need to plan more activities like these to make memories with my kids.

As I posted here before I have been struggling with being a parent and my girl's behavior. As I have been praying about it and searching my heart I am reminded, okay convicted, that I need to continue being who God has created me to be and that includes being a mother. I need to take that role more serious and to get rid of my sefishness and my pride. That is not to say that I won't take my breaks when I need them and to make time for myself, but it's more of a heart issue the Lord is working on in me. My desire is to make a difference in my children's life and to teach them the Lords way and to help them to develop a strong meaningful walk with the Lord. I know I have an important role as a mother and I want to do the best job that I can.

Until Later
~Betty~

1 comment:

Cheri said...

I think parenting is the hardest job anyone could ever do. It's something you can't expain to someone who isn't a parent. Nothing is yours anymore - your time, your thoughts, your belongings. Everything you do affects your children - your beliefs, your attitude, your priorities. There is truly only One who can help us be the parent he wants us to be. I'll continue to pray for you (could you do the same for me!)

Weight Loss Tracker