Saturday, January 27, 2007

SMART Habit Saturday


Well it's that time again. It's SMART Habit Saturday. This is where we pick a new habit or a goal you want to form into a habit and you work on it all week and then report on your blog how you did. If you are not participating it is not too late to join. Just go to Lara's site and join in with the group. There is a group that will support, encourage, and keep you accountable to meet your goals. It's great so just go here.


This past week my new habit was to do some type of exercise everyday this week. I must tell you that this was HARD! I did do some type of exercise everyday, but there were several days that I did not want to do any type of exercise. However, knowing that I had to report about it here and because I wanted a check mark and point at Joe's Goals I exercised even when I didn't feel like it. :)


As for the other weeks goals - I am still working on them to develop into a habit.


  • Week # 1 - Clean kitchen sink before going to bed. I did do this all, but one day this week.

  • Week # 2 - Drink 64 oz water everyday - I missed one day this week ( because I forgot to take my water to church with me) The fact that I put it off most of the day has nothing to do with it. lol :)

  • Week # 3 - Exercise everyday. As hard as this was I did exercise everyday this week.

My new habit for Week #4 is going to be to read my Bible everyday. I notice that I struggle with this from time to time. There are times when this is not a problem for me and I do my daily devotions. Then there are times when I can't seem to get into my devotions. I feel like God is laying this on my heart to make this a daily habit.


I am realizing that making these goals really is affecting my daily life and making a difference in me. I always struggle with self - discipline and being apart of this group is really helping me in more ways than just the goals I am listing. If you are not doing SMART Habit Saturday you really should give it a try. If you don't want to be apart you could just send your support and encourage those who are in the group. All you have to do is visit The Lazy Organizer.


Until Later,


Betty



6 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

It sounds like you had a great week! Remarkable job on exercising ... especially doing it when you didn't feel like it.

Good luck with your habit making this week. Reading your Bible will probably make your days more enjoyable.

Anonymous said...

Good for you on the exercise! I think you are doing a fabulous job.

Peculiar Blogs said...

Great job on your goals!! You are really doing wonderfully. And you will be rewarded for your time in the Bible! :-)

Andrea said...

Great job on your habits. Exercise was a very hard one for me, so I'm impressed. Hope your new habit goes well this week.

Anonymous said...

What a great job you are doing! How are you getting your water down? Are you a natural water drinker? I'm kind of bummed that our goals changed this week! ;) I thought about adding that this week because it is one of my new years goals for the year! I will add it eventually though! Sorry I'm late...good luck this week! I know you'll do well! Have a great week!

Lara said...

I'm so impressed that you are keeping up with all your habits! I read scriptures every day with my kids but I need to have my own personal study time too. That will be going on my list soon.

Weight Loss Tracker