Wednesday, June 06, 2007

May Day Challenge Weigh In




It is Weigh In time again. I have not done very well this week with my eating and exercising. As much as I don’t want to admit it I had a weight gain of 3.8lbs this week.

Here are my stats:
Beginning weight 212.6
Last week weight: 207.8
This week’s weight: 211.6
Loss/ gain: +3.8 L

Summary of Past Week:
I’m not surprise of my weight gain. I know there were days when I did not make the best food choices this week. I am not going to give up. This is the point where I usually fall off the journey and say forget it for awhile and eat and drink whatever I want and try again later down the road. However, I’m not going to do that this time. I am recommitting to this challenge right now. I’m not going to wait for a few weeks.

Plan of this week:
My plan for this week is to drink more water and less tea. I am struggling with drinking water. I am learning that there is just no easy way to do this; I will just have to do it. I have limited myself to only have Mt. Dew on the weekends, which is such a BIG step for me. I’m going to reflect on why disciplining myself on drinking water is so hard for me. As a mom, I can set boundaries and discipline my children and follow through with my guidelines, but it is so hard to follow through on the guidelines I set for myself. I don’t mean impossible, just hard. This week I am working on self discipline and following through on the boundaries I set for myself. These boundaries are:

  • Drinking four glasses of water everyday

  • Exercising 5 days a week

  • No sugar, except in my tea (which is half of what I used to use)

  • No Pop (soda) except on Saturday and Sunday and then only one each day

My challenge this week will be to get back on track and to follow through. To find out more about this challenge or to visit others please check out Tales from the Scales here.

Until Later,
~Betty~

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there Betty. Don't get discouraged. We are going to make it this time and have Victory with our weight for the rest of our lives. I am proud of you for not giving up. Remember, WE ARE IN THIS CHALLENGE TOGETHER. Have a GREAT week.
Love Ya!
Alice

Journey said...

Betty,

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

I like that you set boundaries for yourself instead of strict rules -- makes it seem somewhat easier to follow, in my mind. I may have to start writing those out for myself, too.

Here's to a better week this time for both of us!

(((Betty)))

Amanda said...

Hey, I have been working on drinking more water. Crazily enough I added a straw to my cup of water and now i drink more. Don't know why.
Good luck, Amanda

Weight Loss Tracker